[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /g/ How do I C++ if I already Python? kthx
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: pythonic_cpp.png (11 KB, 373x213) Image search: [Google]
pythonic_cpp.png
11 KB, 373x213
Hello /g/

How do I C++ if I already Python?

kthx
>>
File: 1442381503856.jpg (24 KB, 330x309) Image search: [Google]
1442381503856.jpg
24 KB, 330x309
>>51939805
Prepare for significantly less abstraction.
>>
>>51939832
can't I just import abstraction?
>>
>>51939805
Throw out everything you thought you knew.
>>
>>51939805
pick up the book or tutorial of your choice and go. Literally the only way to learn any programming language is to pick it up and start writing code in it.

Also static typing and no garbage collection, so you'll have to be a lot less lazy and learn to think and pick up after yourself
>>
You don't just "learn c++"
>>
You learn C# instead.
>>
>>51939969
but I use linux and I don't such the cock of Indians
>>
>>51939993
Mono exists

Also enjoy suffering for like 5 years to be able to make something barely usable with C++.
>>
why do people learn python when its the ultimate meme language and not in the C family like all the languages people actually use?
>>
Just like everyone else, except you'll grasp some things quicker due to your knowledge from python
>>
Remember what's often involved in the kinds of things available from the high abstraction level of Python which you might be using under the assumption that they're such a breeze, and also scavenging around for C++ equivalents to such quick shortcuts, then realize that it's much more complex in C++ by orders of magnitude and got you nowhere trying to reimplement:
with open("kewl.txt") as f:
f.write(repr({testosteromeLevel: 7.6e+350, recentWords: sorted("I've aced this out".split(" ") + ["with", "no", "struggling", "whatsoever"+("!"*42)], reverse=True)}))
>>
You wont have any issues. I learned python in CS 101 and C++ in 201. The progression was simple, and i prefer C++ over python now.

Be prepared to declare youre variables before using them (C++ is statically typed while python is dynamic)

Get combfy with OO and putting a lot more work into structure of the overall program vs implenting as you go.

Python is kinda just work and add and glue in some bits and it can get messy quickly without any discipline.

C++ as a result will force you to start mapping out your entire program stucture right away in your head before you can start working, which is a good thing.

Also get combfy with the idea of pointers, passing values by reference as opposed to by value.

These things may be off putting at first, but these are the strengths of C++, and to be a half decent C++ programmer you need to be familiar with them.
>>
>>51939848
no but you can include it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.