[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Linux is user friendly. It`s just very picky about who its firends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: fuck-you-science.jpg (65 KB, 551x407) Image search: [Google]
fuck-you-science.jpg
65 KB, 551x407
Should i install Kali linux ? Does it really works to accsess to wirless network without a password ? worth it?
>>
>>51936898
Install Windows 10.
>>
>>51936898

Live USB or VirtualMachine and no that isn't how it works. Are you just bating?
>>
>>51936919
Why win10 ? it has that kind of features?
>>
>>51936953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIIjitxblhQ so stuff like this is poor shit ?
>>
>>51937002

No, that is not shit. That is a video about cracking access credentials. So yes, you need to have credentials to access someones WiFi. You asked if it let you access wireless networks without a password.
>>
>>51937076
was a bit too quick there, was supposed to forward to how I obtain the password to a network
>>
>>51936898
If you need to ask then installing kali would be a waste of your time. You need deep knowledge of computers in general and decent knowledge of Linux in particular to do anything useful in kali. It's not for average computer users and not intended to be.
>>
>>51936898
>>51937111

Yep it can be used for that but pretty much in all cases the router will need to have WPS enabled as WPA is very secure. Or they need to still be running WEP in which case it will be easy.

Just get this book OP and do the whole thing exercise-for-excercise.

https://www.nostarch.com/pentesting
>>
>>51937143

It doesn't have to be that deep, if you just self-discipline your way through this book:

>>51937155

by actually setting up the lab as described and then doing the drills you will have general knowledge about Kali to get you started.
>>
>>51937155
>https://www.nostarch.com/pentesting
Thank you
>>
>>51937176
So many different opinions here... But thank you for your support for a try
>>
>>51937202

Remember that Kali linux is a tool, not an end thing, you need to learn about theories, solving problems and using your brain too.

I suggest starting here:
http://overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/
>>
apt-get install aircrack-ng

emerge --ask --verbose aircrack-ng

pacman -S aircrack-ng

grats you dont need kali anymore
>>
>>51937911
Where's the world's most used distribution?
RPM
P
M
>>
>>51937326
>>51937155
Not op, but thank you guys, I now have a starting point!
>>
>>51936898
man, install Gentoo instead!
it will solve the kind of problems you have.
Gentoo was made for hacking shit around, the kali shit is a bite!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.