[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you faggots are still using windows 7? I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 129382u.png (77 KB, 267x267) Image search: [Google]
129382u.png
77 KB, 267x267
How many of you faggots are still using windows 7? I don't think I'm upgrading to w10 any time soon, how long do I have before windows fucks me in the ass to force w10 on me?
>>
Depends on if you updated it and when Microsoft wants you to update
>>
>>51935281
>w7
>not windows vista
fair for a pleb
>>
>>51935317
you still use vista? sir..
>>
>>51935281
Well, Win7 security/update support will last until Jan 2020, so you are good for another 4.5 years.

Personally, after that, I plan to switch over to Linux full-time.

I use Linux most of the time right now for most stuff, but keep a windows PC around just for gaming and MS office.
>>
>>51935372
nice bait 8/8
>>
>>51935385
>implying
Linux is perfectly usable on the desktop.

Enjoy your metro tiles, I guess.
>>
I'm still on W7, who knows when I'll "upgrade", I have already done it once, came back to W7. I might use Linux in the future but I'm not studying anything IT related like I planned to, so there's not much advantage.
>>
I'm staying on win7 till I feel the need to move to linux
>>
untill i get my christmas money and i'm able to purchase a windows 10 key desu
>>
finally made the jump from win7 to linux today.
Done with windows for good
>>
>>51936390
> Done with windows for good
I have said that to myself as well. Now I'm back to Windows.
>>
>>51935281
I haven't used 7 since 2013. Why the fuck would I stay with an outdated OS by now?
>>
>>51937205
>outdated
But it still receives updates and works just as well as w10, with none of the spyware.
>>
>>51937723
>it still receives updates
Only security ones. It still lacks new technologies like native ISO support, DX12, UI improvements, worse driver support, no notification center, no ribbon, no new task manager, shittier SSD support and trimming, no native support for USB 3.0, no hybrid boot, much older version of powershell and it also lacks some extremely useful modern apps like the mail one.
And I can go on.

Face it, 7 is nothing more than a meme OS right now.
>spyware
Nice buzzword.
>>
I used windows 10 full time for 5 months, went back to 7, now Arch Linux full time.

Maybe Microshaft will get it right next time.
>>
>>51935420

Linux is a shit for desktop!

I prefer to migrate to OSX than using Linux.
>>
File: CUCK.jpg (303 KB, 795x1192) Image search: [Google]
CUCK.jpg
303 KB, 795x1192
>>51937841
who the fuck cares about mail, notification center and the new task manager?
>>
>>51937841
>UI improvements
It got SIGNIFICANTLY worse.

You're right about the rest though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.