[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alex Vallat betrays Chris Aljoudi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8
File: PCd9QySg.jpg (84 KB, 803x803) Image search: [Google]
PCd9QySg.jpg
84 KB, 803x803
Alex, the guy responsible for updating the Firefox version of uBlock on the addons repository, has betrayed the official development team (https//ublock.org). He has replaced the extension description with an ad for gorshill's hobbyst fork.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/ublock/

PS: daily reminder that if you want a drama-free adblocker that actually BLOCKS MORE than uBlock, check out https://redmorph.com/articles/proof-in-the-packet.html
>>
>>51917721
i can't imagine running code that was developed by any of these autists, if they do this ape shit over nothing imagine what would happen if more money was involved. And that will happen pretty soon.

ABP no drama.
>>
>>51917721
> check out https://redmorph.com/articles/proof-in-the-packet.html
The shilling is intense today
>>
>>51917721
>gorshill's hobbyst fork
fair point, fuck you
>>
File: 1272132211069.jpg (5 KB, 285x249) Image search: [Google]
1272132211069.jpg
5 KB, 285x249
>>51917721
>>51917931
literal shills
>>
>>51917721
>PS: daily reminder that if you want a drama-free adblocker that actually BLOCKS MORE than uBlock, check out https://redmorph.com/articles/proof-in-the-packet.html
STOP SHILLING YOUR SHIT HERE FAGGOT FUCK YOU I'M NOT PAYING FOR ADBLOCK CUNT
>>
>>51917721
>hey guys this free open source adblocker is shit! you should use this literally who paid one instead!

not even trying anymore, huh?
>>
>>51917931
>ABP no drama.
Yeah they sell you out no questions asked
>>
>>51917721
>his abp shilling failed so he's just desperately trying to get people to stop using ublock
>>
>>51918016
?
>>
>>51918014
>>51918010
The adblocker and privacy protector Redmorph is completely free, idiots. They just happen to also provide paid VPN services to cover the expensives of developing a piece of software much superior than the alternatives.
>>
>>51917721
>using an adblocker that doesn't hide placeholders
Might as well use a hosts file.
>>
Good for Alex. Chris is a moronic cuck and Gorhill deserves more traffic.

They're all autists, but at least gorhill wants (and can) to make a fantastic product.
>>
>>51918027
https://adblockplus.org/acceptable-ads
>>
> not bypassing all of this bullshit and just blocking ads in your hosts file
>>
>>51918040
It's not completely free in the one way that actually matters. Where's the source code sandnigger?
>>
>>51917721
>drama in ad-blocker extensions
who gives a fucking shit

sage
>>
>>51918096
acceptable ads that you can still choose to block, oh noo.
>>
>>51918129
ublock origin doesn't ship with any ads and it's faster and uses less memory.
>>
>>51918129
It takes literally a single click to disable them forever. Those autists are helpless.
>>
>>51918166
It literally takes one click to install a superior addon like ublock origin.
>>
>>51917721
Buy an ad for your ublock shit so I don't have to read about it every day
>>
>>51918096
from what i remembered when they introduced it on update i was shown that it changed and clicked the check box that opted me out. is this that you meant by "selling you out"?
>>
>>51918202
An adblocker that shows you ads by default isn't functional or ethical.

Adblock* Plus
*ads might be allowed based on whether or not the company pays us
>>
>>51918241
look what opens up in a new tab when installing ABP
clearly stated on the left, top, above the fold - prime place. It's as if they want you to be in control. Are you done?
>>
>>51918449
I fail to see why someone would install that when ublock origin exists. If they wanted people to be in control the option would be off by default and they might give people a prompt on first run to enable it if they wish.
>>
>>51917931
>imagine what would happen if more money was involved
This is one of the reasons gorhill wanted to avoid any kind of monetary involvement, stretching as far as outright refusing donations even.
Everything just got fucked because Chris "The Jew" Aljoudi decided to create that fucking ublock.org website and riddle it with donation-begging.
>>
>>51918553
>I fail to see why someone would install that when ublock origin exists
Paid shills. That's literally the one reason.
Well, along with technically inept retards who are afraid of change, even when it's for the objectivity better.
>>
>>51918186
So superior that Redmorph has been around for just a few days and already has beaten it in performance.
>>
>>51918166
Eyeo is making a huge amount of money by blackmailing ad companies to give them unspecified amount of money with zero transparency. They don't choose ad companies to whitelist based on ad intrusiveness, either (seeing as one of the first ones they whitelisted is Google). They also attempt to strike secret deals to buy out popular competitors such as uBlock and one of the iOS 9 adblockers. They're complete scumbags.

And even if this doesn't bother you, just look at these assholes' track record. Do you trust them with access to your web cache/requests?
>>
>>51917721
Will you suck my cock if I install your adblock though?
>>
DAILY REMINDER: uBlock (aka uHide) is NOT an ad blocker, it's an ad HIDER. It does this to make you think you're blocking ads when it's really delivering ads to you; ads aren't about selling products on the internet, it's about tracking you and selling your metadata. The uHide devs are in a deal with ad companies to push this onto unsuspecting users by confusing them with MOAR SPEED (only if you have an ancient shit system) and outright LIES about any accusations regarding not blocking things.

ABP is honest and out front about having a non-blocking list, and tells you exactly how to easily disable that when you first install it, even providing a link to the place to do it, and with that disabled, actually BLOCKS all ads.

Don't believe me? Use uHide and check your cache, then use ABP with the "acceptible ads" disabled and do the same.

Lovely bunch of ads cluttering your cache with uHide.
>>
>>51918667
nothing on my cache.
it just werks on my machine.
>>
>>51918553
>ublock origin exists.
which is controlled by an autist retard man child.
or is it the jew fork?
it's hard to tell them apart if you don't read a fucking wiki entry on them.

>>51918554
get ready with excuses when he backpedals as he is known to do...

>>51918588
>Paid shills. That's literally the one reason.
some people don't mind unobtrusive ones that follow some rules - do you have this choice or someone made it for you?
>>
File: gorjew.jpg (253 KB, 1240x637) Image search: [Google]
gorjew.jpg
253 KB, 1240x637
>>51918733
gorhill is kike
>>
>>51918111
I'd there a list aggregated somewhere or you have to go full autie and get the IPs yourself?
>>
>>51918762
>Delete this you fucking goy
How can I not love him? He is literally /g/
>>
>>51918733
>which is controlled by an autist retard man child.
Created a better extension than ABP in a year, seems like he's at least smarter than them
>>
>>51918848
better at hiding ads after loading them
at least abp blocks ads
>>
>>51918830
>implying that's real
>>
>>51918848
so uShills claim
>>
Or you could just ignore all this drama and block ads by editing your HOSTS file. You would also be saving system resources in the process, as ad-blocking extensions are needless resource hogs.

It's not even difficult to configure: http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts2.htm

Before anyone says it's not as effective or it's better to have an ad-blocker as a backup, no. I've been doing this shit for over a decade and there are zero ads on my screen.
>>
>>51917721
Holy shit, Jewdi got outjewed?
Based
>>
>>51917721
just use ublock origin, retards
>>
>>51919002
Enjoy your ugly-ass looking broken websites and empty space or errors everywhere instead of collapsed elements.

Hosts files are great for security (blocking malware domains) but they suck at adblocking because it doesn't fix cosmetics.
>>
File: sapp-00.jpg (9 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
sapp-00.jpg
9 KB, 219x230
>MFW I can't tell who the shill is anymore
>>
>>51919447
Everyone is the shill
You too are the shill
>>
>>51918631
>Redmorph has been around for just a few days and already has beaten it in performance.

Not FOSS and it's payware if you want everything.
>>
>>51918631
I have yet to see a single metric showing Redmorph's performance.

The only thing I've seen is a comparison of the number of requests made, which has nothing to do with the efficiency of the blocker and everything to do with the default filter lists
>>
>>51919765
> muh µefficiency
>>
Gonna add redmorph to my filter until the dev gets tired of shilling here.

Reported all your posts for advertising. Enjoy your ban.
>>
File: choclate2.jpg (83 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
choclate2.jpg
83 KB, 1152x864
>>51917721
>can't hide elements
>isnt meant to block ads. says so right in the faq
>not open soars
get out
>>
>>51917721
[shilling intensifies]
>good goy why don't you use this closed-source chrome-only extension for your PRIVACY and SECURITY needs? Hhhehehehe!
>>
>>51918114
>open source is better meme
>>
BASED
A L E X
L
E
X
>>
>>51919267
Thats why you use both.
>>
>>51918040
it aint free u retarded
>>
>>51919002
uBlock0 can also use HOST filters, m8.
Any drama behind the scene can easily be ignore if you honestly doesn't give a shit about it.
>>
>>51918040
I hope you're getting paid good for this shilling.
>>
>>51920545
>its blocking ads anon, believe us! we're not taking money from ad companies to allow tracking or whitelists!
>>
>>51917721
>PS: daily reminder that if you want a drama-free adblocker that actually BLOCKS MORE than uBlock, check out https://redmorph.com/articles/proof-in-the-packet.html
No features, no performance benchmark, closed source. Blocking more _packets_ is also not a good metric. Furthermore, if I wanted uBlock to block more, I'd either enable advanced mode, or select more lists. I do have uMatrix for that though.

>gorshill's hobbyst fork
Epic meme, my friend. His 'fork'.
>>
>>51918058
>>using an adblocker that doesn't hide placeholders
>Might as well use a hosts file.
100% this. Besides, uBlock has way more features than that. Redirection comes to mind, but there are plenty to pick from.
>>
That redmorph crap is only available on chrom*. Disgusting.
>>
>>51920943
If you read the FAQ, it says right there that the Firefox and Safari versions are comming soon.
>>
>>51917721
uBlock Origin is so much better anyways. Fuck uBlock.
>>
File: 1450401183697.png (121 KB, 708x568) Image search: [Google]
1450401183697.png
121 KB, 708x568
>>51920883
>closed source
also obfuscated
>>
>checkout ublock.org for the first time
>"This month's progress to hosting/bandwidth costs:
(updated every ~24 hours)"
>look at source
<div class="progress" style="background-size: 6% 100%"></div>

is this doing what I think it's doing?
>>
>>51921425
That's kinda the only way to close source javascript
>>
>>51921456
DELETE THIS YOU FUCKING GOY!
>>
>>51921471
say bye to your credibility
>>
>>51921460
open source: "denoting software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified."

Ghostery source is also proprietary, yet not obfuscated.
>>
>>51921471
>Aljoudi
>Al+Joudi
>Literally 'the jew'

/pol/ was right again.
>>
>>51919002
>doesn't block youtube ads
>>
>>51917721
i can totally win that comparison by blocking 100% of the traffic

it also uses absolutely no ram
>>
>>51919002
I use both. I have a systemd timer to update my hosts file every day at midnight.
>>
>>51921684
>I have a systemd timer
Gross.
Use cronjobs for that, nigger.
>>
>>51921807
systemd timers are more accurate and reliable than cron.
In fact, cron is fully deprecated by systemd now.
>>
WOAH, redmorph getting shilled even more now.

Anyway, beyond the shilling, this is the most drama in my life, besides the tv shows i watch.
>>
>>51922282
It's just the one guy shilling it
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.