[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ubuntu Phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 20151217_165237.png (495 KB, 842x612) Image search: [Google]
20151217_165237.png
495 KB, 842x612
After browsing /g/ for some months, I seem to have joined the tinfoil hat Club. I have the urge to stop sucking Googles dick and dont really want to use Android anymore.
The most useful alternative seems to be Ubuntu Phone.

Is it actually worth installing?

Any other mobile OSs that you have experience with and are worth a recommendation?
>>
Ubuntu mobile is shit, if you want a phone without botnet your only choice would be a port of Android without Google apps
>>
>canonical
They put spyware on Unity. How would you trust them?

I seriously like to have Jolla, but apparently they are dying.

Posted from my lagdroid™ without gapps.
>>
Cyanogenmod.
>>
>>51913275
firefox os?
>>
Most of android roms do not come with Google apps out of the box.

Just install one of those and then use f-droid or download apks manually.
>>
>>51915688
Cancelled?
>>
>>51915733
I've heard this mod can be buggy and can drop out of 3g and calls and things. Is this true?

Does this mod run on most phones? Backing up the phone and installing seems like a mission. Need to root before even installing.
>>
>>51913275
do you live in the US?

I think the only way to get Ubuntu running a phone is to flash a Nexus device.
>>
>>51915954
What mod are you talking about?

Root phone, install recovery, flash a new rom (cyanogenmod or w/e), reboot device, install f-droid and you are ready to go
>>
>>51915733

> or download apks manually.

WHY THE ACTUAL FUCK WOULD YOU NOT USE APTOID AS AN ALTERNATE PLAY STORE?

Kill yourself. Your chances of downloading a crap apk are twice as likely online than through aptoid which will tell you if the apk is from a trusted source or not. Also, a semi-comfy ui vs looking through Google searches.
>>
>>51913694
this

/thread
>>
Install Replicant OS
>>
>>51916330
And lose wifi and wifi tethering. Replicant only works on a very small number of phones.
>>
>>51916219
>Aptoide
>>
Can't you just root and remove google shitware?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.