[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My aunt's boyfriend asked me to send him details of some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 200_s.gif (58 KB, 377x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
58 KB, 377x200
My aunt's boyfriend asked me to send him details of some of the "software development" I've done to see if he can create a job for me at one of his company's shops in Cardiff. What kind of stuff is he expecting? I know a bit of python and a bit of C++, I can refine either over the course of a week and see if I can pump out some sort of shitty web app or small program. Which would they be more excited to see?

Also if any of you know of some way to easily get sponsored for a job in the UK, I'd love to know.
>>
They're expecting to see a CV, cover letter and ideally a web page hosting some projects you've made including source code
>>
>>51911997
>>51912014
in other words, if you even have to ask, they don't want you
>>
>>51911997
What software development have you done?
>>
>>51912058

I guess nothing yet. Is it not worth trying to scramble to make something with either of those languages?
>>
>>51912111
Well you're being asked for something you haven't done lad.
>>
>>51911997
Ask your wife's son.
>>
>>51912189
Dank reference broseph
>>
>>51912154
I guess you're right.

Ah well. Thanks guys
>>
>>51912111
>brag to your aunt about your shitty hello world program
>the dude she's fucking takes you at your word
>you're actually nothing

super keks. if you actually knew a 'bit of python and a bit of c++' you would already have a small portfolio

you are nothing
>>
File: superiorintellect.png (137 KB, 431x463) Image search: [Google]
superiorintellect.png
137 KB, 431x463
>>51912280
Nice assumption!
>>
>>51912789
you said you don't have anything
which means you haven't written code
which means your knowledge of coding is not suited for employment

the only assumption i have made is assuming, incorrectly, that you would recognize and rectify your mistakes
>>
File: goodsir.png (360 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
goodsir.png
360 KB, 500x500
>>51913160
>brag to your aunt about your shitty hello world program
I told him I was an electrical engineer and he said they might have a job monitoring server farms. I didn't say anything about coding or even interest in CS
>if you actually knew a 'bit of python and a bit of c++' you would already have a small portfolio
I do have a small portfolio of python and c++ :^) But as you hopefully know, website scraping scripts, website development, and choose your own adventure games aren't software design

You seemed to have assumed a lot, good sir! <:^^^^)))))
>>
>>51914141

The other dude doesn't seem totally wrong. If you had a portfolio you were proud of and confident in, then you would whip it out without any concerns.

It's never to late to start building that portfolio up.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.