[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I OC the CPU??? I kinda wanna push 3.6ghz out of it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: speccy.png (21 KB, 555x374) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
21 KB, 555x374
Should I OC the CPU???
I kinda wanna push 3.6ghz out of it.
If so, how do?
Cooler is a 212 Evo btw.
>>
I could get my Q9550 to 4Ghz so I'd say if it's a decent chip then you could get 3.4 out of it easily enough.
>>
>>51911889
I was wondering if anyone was willing to hit me with a quick step by step of how to do so. I've literally never done it before. Wanna just OC this for the next 2-3 months before I do a complete upgrade.
>>
>>51911904
install gentoo
>>
>>51911992
Nice meme, man.
>>
google it mate, come back after reading a few articles if you have any questions. It's not that it's complicated but you dont want your only advise about OCing to come from /g/.
>>
delete system 32
>>
>>51911874
Can you use DDR3 RAM in that MOBO?????
>>
>>51911904
>what is bios
>what is bus frequency
>what is multiplier

Kys, if your that stupid to not look up a guide for you manufactures uefi/bios

>idk if b8 or...
>>
Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade the RAM to even be able to OC this thing. Any suggestions on RAM?
>>
>>51912887
I thought you were just killing time before your next build, why bother buying ram now than you will throw out in a few months?
>>
>>51912887
if ddr2
kingston
>>
>>51912917
Because I'm going to be giving this PC away to a close friend anyway, may as well make it decent right?

>>51912926
Got any links to any on Amazon?
>>
Is it even worth OCing with 667mhz RAM?
Technically it'd be getting overclocked regardless, would it fuck up?
>>
>>51912967
>Is it even worth OCing with 667mhz RAM?
Yes. It is very unlikely that the memory will bottleneck you.
>Technically it'd be getting overclocked regardless, would it fuck up?
Yes and no. If you do an unstable overclocks then you'll experience crashes.

Like the other anon said, bus frequencies and multipliers. You can probably overclocks quite a bit merely by increasing the multiplier. Increasing the bus speed is a little more tricky as it does effect the rest of the system. You could change the timings of your memory to see if that would help at a higher bus speed. There are plenty of guides out there that will walk you through the process.
>>
>>51913104
>overclocks
Stupid android phone doesn't realise that there is a present tense of that word. This autocorrect is more aggressive than my dad when he's drunk.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.