[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna unlock my phone, and websites ask for payment to send
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: unlock_your_nokia_phone.jpg (24 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
unlock_your_nokia_phone.jpg
24 KB, 400x323
I wanna unlock my phone, and websites ask for payment to send me the unlock code.

Anyone here know how exactly they get those codes? Is there any way to do it myself? It feels stupid to pay somebody to google my phone's model number or whatever and email it to me.
>>
Give it back Tyrone.
>>
>>51895798
Im in another country and i wanna use a local sim
>>
>>51895779
They have to contact the ISP that sold your phone to get sim unlock code or something like that. That's why they asked your phone imei.
>>
>>51895779
for smartphones, root it and caboot it.

for feature phones, get a devkit appropriate to your phone manufacturer.

if you're part of a stolen-phone ring, fuck you.
>>
>>51895779
>2015
>buying locked phones

I've never bought a carrier locked phone, and I don't ever plan to.
>>
File: 1450185322376.png (1 MB, 1263x1060) Image search: [Google]
1450185322376.png
1 MB, 1263x1060
>>51895779
>>51895834
Give it back Jamal, we all know you stole it.
>>
>>51895798
>>51898809
nice meme
>>
If it's locked to a carrier, you'll need to contact the carrier to unlock it to use a different sim.

If you mean to unlock the phone to install a custom rom, you contact the phone manufacturer. Or google. Motorola for example is easy with a quick google.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a

I recently bought a Wileyfox Swift which came with CyngnOS, which allows unlocking without going through a whole convoluted method of unlocking. Which was nice.
>>
>>51898809
>theiving
That looks dumb as hell.

This image is posted, a lot (because idiots keep stealing iphones). It is funny. It is appropriate. But goddamn that typo is so fucking stupid.
>>
>>51901014
>If it's locked to a carrier, you'll need to contact the carrier to unlock it to use a different sim.
Changing the SIM won't help.
The carrier-locked phone will simply refuse to recognise the SIM.
There are plenty of phone shope (usually Asian-run shopfronts or kiosks) that will unlock it for a fee - usually ~$30. Or you can get unlock codes off the web, either free or paid.
>>
>>51902290
He never said changing the sim would help. He said you need to contact the carrier to unlock it. Because carrier locks won't recognise other sims. So you pay a paki to unlock it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.