[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What browser do you use /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: what have I done.jpg (63 KB, 550x687) Image search: [Google]
what have I done.jpg
63 KB, 550x687
I am building my own computer and almost all the parts are here, and I want to know what browser has the best add-ons and runs the fastest. (multiprocessing and multithreading) Feel free to fight in the thread, I just want a clear answer of what is best. Edge, Opera, Firefox, Chrome.
>>
>>51895327
Internet Explorer is my favorite <3
>>
Vivaldi.
>>
>>51895436
vivaldi
>>
Edge because I'm edgy.
>>
>>51895327
>Feel free to fight in the thread
fuck off.

just install whatever the fuck you want, you're probably a consolekiddie that just loves fighting for no reason, and will be installing windows anyway
>>
>>51895327
Chrome on GNU+Linux is amazing
>>
Still using that Opera
>>
File: 1449368425083.jpg (1 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
1449368425083.jpg
1 MB, 3872x2592
>>51896083
>making an effort to free yourself from the windows botnet
>still whore yourself out to the Google botnet
>>
>>51895327
chrome, I'm a day one user and never looked back. best browser there is.
>>
>>51896158

It's slow as fuck, though.
>>
>>51896158
no, not really. it's pretty locked down, you can't even export bookmarks or anything by default.
>in4 you can save as html
yea but it's sucky
>>
>>51896204
I like that it saves my bookmarks, extension, password and settings. so easy also I never found it to be slow.
>>
I just switch to Vivaldi after updating to Firefox 43.

I like it, there are still some things that need to be worked out but this is pretty good.
>>
Firefox is overall better than other browsers.
>>
>>51896834
I think you mean Palemoon, senpai.
>>
File: 6bNP0iG.jpg (19 KB, 535x355) Image search: [Google]
6bNP0iG.jpg
19 KB, 535x355
>>51896928
lel
>>
>>51896942
Proof that FF is superior to Palemoon or GTFO
>>
>>51896834
Firefox is laggy, buggy trash now
>>
chromium
its the original chrome without the cancer google brings
>>
>>51896204
You can tho if you've got a Google account.
>>
>>51896998
>my extensions are compatible with it
>YouTube 4K and 60 FPS work with it
>can watch Netflix without plugins

Just to name a couple off the top of my head.
I know there are more but really, those are already dealbreakers so it doesn't matter. Placebo Moon a shit.
>>
>>51896158
>never looked back
You missed a lot by never looking back.
Chrome is not the best browser there is, at least not anymore.

>closed source
>a botnet
>a memory and general resources hog
>not customizable in the slightest
etc.
>>
>>51898238
Nice try, but palemoon does that too. Try again.
>>
>>51896061
Not a console peasent, also no shit I'm going to install windows, I don't feel like learning to use Linux, I just want to play games.
>>
>>51896147
>Anyone using Linux use it because of freedoms
>>
File: jesus.png (11 KB, 1071x246) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
11 KB, 1071x246
Oh hey a thread about browsers, perfect.

Any mozillacucks here? I just had firefox update on me and it decided to break my fucking workflow with this 'visit site' first option when typing in common urls
Jesus fuck is firefox now going to be like youtube and break its UI every 25 minutes?
>>
>>51901532
browser.urlbar.unifiedcomplete => false
>>
Chrome
>>
>>51895327
chrome, it just werks (tm)
>>
Firefox
*welcomes refugees, crushes the patriarchy, kills CIS gendered scum*
>>
Vivaldi here, it is beautiful and runs pretty fast. Still in beta though, but I love it and it's my usual browser.
>>
is 64 bit firefox worth upgrading to from 32 bit
>>
>>51901532
>>51903425
Firefox should stop hiding that shit behind about:config and obscure variable names.

It used to be customizable to hell and back for any user; now it's "get plugins and tinker with variables and risk fucking up"
>>
File: wrryyyyyyyyyyy.jpg (2 MB, 5974x8000) Image search: [Google]
wrryyyyyyyyyyy.jpg
2 MB, 5974x8000
>>51901459
>I just want to play games
>>
>>51903873
Well there should be a dialog first time you type something in after the update, to which you can answer yes or no.
Maybe you already had it tweaked a bit so you didn't get it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.