[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just bought this, what do you think. i have an ssd waiting for this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: laptop.jpg (153 KB, 1250x623) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
153 KB, 1250x623
just bought this, what do you think. i have an ssd waiting for this.
>>
no rugged fans?
>>
>>51887855
Is that an autism case?
>>
>>51889024

pretty much.
>>
whacha gonna do with it. call a drone strike?
>>
>>51887855
good cop desu senpai
>>
>>51889024
It was made for actual work in shit like mines or construction, not for autists that think its cool.

But yes.
>>
i7 fully rugged 4gb for 2 bills is not that bad.

what better options wouold there be than this /g/?
>>
>>51889624
The site says it has max battery life of 30 hours. Show me another laptop that does that.
>>
Make sure you get a ram upgrade for it, probably won't cost much.
>>
>>51889916

This is true, I believe they do this by using two batteries, and according to reviews, it is actually about 30 hours, which is impressive. For 200 bucks id buy it, but OP you got ripped off, goodluck finding the batteries for these, cheap.
>>
>>51889916
The toughbook CF-31.
>>
So will this survive a coffee spill?
>>
I'm not trying to shit on you or anything since I've seen the B300* series and wanted to get one myself. However the listing always says the HDD caddy is not included. And looking up the HDD caddy, it's proprietary (sata to some weird pin thing) and costs like $200
>>
>>51889916
3 Chromebooks glued together. It will also be lighter and thinner.
>>
nice buy, i owned one for a while with a previous job, i accidentally ran it over with an 18 ton drill rig and it didnt even seem notice
>>
>>51891275
Or you can get like 30000MAh external batteries that are like the size of a harddisk
>>
>>51891280
I ran over ur mum with my drill rig :DDDDDDD
>>
>>51892156
I'm guessing you meant mAh not MAh, but even so, that'd make a pretty big mess if it were to go boom.
>>
>>51892924
Yeah but why would it go boom? Laptop batteries dont go boom and they are under more stress usually. So I think it should be good enough not to kill you unless youre buying chink shitâ„¢
>>
>>51887855
I use one of that on my work (dual core xp machine for industrial machinery software that only works on xp test purposes) and I get sick every time I see some neckbeard that will never leave moms basement buying them to install gentu and show it on anonymous imageboards, its like you buy XXXXLLL mandingo condoms being a kissless permavirgin and post about them

Just kill yourself, you are literally disgusting
>>
>>51887855
This is like one of those computers you see in spy movies
>>
Cool PC, Ahmed.
>>
>>51887855
send me the link please?

I am a red hat server support engineer and my laptop, to say short, is fucking scratched, chipped, and fucked from being constantly moved around.

I am a fan of rugged cases for laptops. This is cheap.
>>
>>51887855
this is cool. more pics?
>>
Getac owner here.

Hope it comes with the HDD caddy or else you're fucked.
>>
File: aaaa.jpg (414 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.jpg
414 KB, 1280x688
>>51892156
>30000MAh
>>
Holy shit that's cheap
>>
>>51895144
It doesn't, and no batteries.
>>
>>51887855

Where will you get drive caddy?
>>
>>51895344

Rofl, then what the fuck are you doing? Does it come with an internal HDD? Does the seller have used caddies/batts? New ones are really expensive so if your employer doesn't pay for them you'll have to either pay up or enjoy your $200 **rugged** paperweight

Rugged notebooks are not toys.
>>
>>51895144

You can kinda get parts/batteries for toughbook but getac/mitac stuff is in hundreds of dollars.
>>
>>51895455

I know, I bought a shock caddy a month ago, it was the cheapest I could find and it was 150 USD. Glad my uni took the hit.
>>
>>51895500

Nice, had that same Getac listing in watch list for quite some time and was looking if caddy for it would pop up somewhere for reasonable price but no dice.
>>
File: 2015-11-22 15.48.09.jpg (185 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-22 15.48.09.jpg
185 KB, 1280x720
>>51895654

Have this thingy but battery life is kinda disappointing, 4 hours of average use.
>>
op here, fuck I didnt know about the proprietary caddy, cheapest I found it for was like 90 bucks.
>>
File: lulz.jpg (151 KB, 1875x455) Image search: [Google]
lulz.jpg
151 KB, 1875x455
OP here again, just thought id post the questions and answers for the lulz. So now a search for a caddy begins, cheap.

>straps down fedora

By the time I have the parts I would have spent a grand.
>>
>>51895279
Dude, its no big deal, my phone has 10k mAh aswell
>>
>>51887855
Wow, last time i saw this it was in the 1000s
>>
will you install gentoo on it op?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.