[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /g/ study for an exam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: study.png (301 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
study.png
301 KB, 1600x900
How does /g/ study for an exam?
>>
By doing research online and reviewing notes I have taken during class
>>
File: kenji_by_l1m3rep-d5oahnm.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
kenji_by_l1m3rep-d5oahnm.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>51887182
Coffee , notebooks some books on the matter at hand and the fear of knowing somone will shoot me in the head if I fail the exam motivates me to sucessed.
>>
>>51887182
Watching Netflix.
>>
Rewrite your notes and lecture materials into a concise overview. It will jog your memory to all the small details and serve as a quick reference for later courses.

Retake your old exams (if you got them back) and redo your homework if applicable.
>>
>>51887182
>studying
>>
>>51887780
this tbf
do past papers for the course if they are available
>>
>>51887182
cram notes
>>
Read over lecture slides.
>>
File: dual smug.jpg (120 KB, 1012x712) Image search: [Google]
dual smug.jpg
120 KB, 1012x712
Cram over a day or two
>mfw plebs study for weeks
>>
>>51888639
This. Until this day I don't know how I've acquired my B.Sc and soon M.Sc but that's OK.. what's scary is that some friends of mine who study medicine also work like that. They told me that basically they don't know shit, they really told me that
>>
>>51888688
>basically they don't know shit
I'm the exact same. I can pass exams, but really I don't know much in-depth knowledge about the subject

Shitting myself thinking about going into work with no idea what I'm doing.
>>
>>51888711
Dude I'm doing my M.sc in CS and I still don't get what good pointers are for.. not even kidding
>>
>>51888772
good thing pointers barely has anything to do with cs
>>
>>51888804
You're right but you'd expect a CS graduate to be able to understand the basics of C.. well I don't, fuck it.
>>
Is studying at 03:24 am worth it (have classes as 8:30 am tomorrow) or should I just go to sleep?
>>
Get a study guide or list of topics a day before the exam
Write all the answers multiple times, by hand, over and over for a few hours
No, don't bother trying to understand the concepts, that's stupid
Just write them until your hand knows what to do, eventually your brain will remember what order the words go in
Even if you fuck up a question you'll get enough keywords in the answer to get partial credit
Enjoy Bs and Cs forever with minimal studying
>>
>>51888841
if you only have class, it's not worth it. Go to sleep.
>>
>>51888909
I have classes and exam after lunch
>>
>>51888841
I never go to classes I don't see the point (at least for me) because I'm gonna be sleepy and won't be able to listen anyway. I just prepare for exams that's it
>>
flash cards and the pomodoro technique
>>
>>51888937
I go to classes because I know that I am not capable of studying on my own so my "study" is in the classes
>>
File: flashback doge.gif (2 MB, 256x195) Image search: [Google]
flashback doge.gif
2 MB, 256x195
>>51888639
This post gave me organic chemistry flashbacks

I rewrote all my notes in my own words in paragraphs for bio classes.

Reviewed homework and past exams for physics and math.

And went to office hours for letters of recommendation.
>>
>>51888639
This this this this
>>
Cram. I hate it and I hate myself for doing it but I find it almost impossible to concentrate until I'm down to my last few available hours. I'm always nervous going to exams but I usually manage to do fairly well.

Still I fucking hate exams and how I prepare for them like a retard.
>>
>>51887182
>review

The only pattern I remember with this is that cramming lets you retain around a third of what you reviewed.
>>
>>51887182
If you just listened to your lectures, there's no need to review.
>>
>>51887182
What's with your +, - and *? Is that some sort of markup language I don't understand or is it just to make the text file easier to read?

Also use the pomodoro technique if you can
>>
>>51887182
I go off 4chan first
>>
I review the work that I've done in the semester. This review work is easy because I've done the hard work of studying the lesson during the semester.
>>
>>51887182
Exams? Is this amateur hour?
>>
Slacking into panicking
Then I get my shit together and just redo all the weekly homework papers and take notes on the stuff I had problems with and study them afterwards
>>
>>51888970
Same. I know if I don't go to classes I won't do anything at home either + this way I'm kinda forced to think about the subject and talk with friends about it.
>>
> Read the Curriculum
> Rewrite notes/lecture slides
> Do old exams, and try to talk about them with peers.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.