[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mpv - questions and answers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: mpv-screenshot-65c26def-picsay.jpg (196 KB, 999x445) Image search: [Google]
mpv-screenshot-65c26def-picsay.jpg
196 KB, 999x445
>>
How do I get thumbnails in the seekbar? I've been searching how to since forever.
>>
The super-xbr from mpv looks like shit. Why it doesn't on madvr?

Haasn doesn't want to credit madshi for interpolation algorithm. Why?

Why not implement super-res since source code is available in the mpdn repository?
SuperRes is fucking good and more accessible for low graphic card than nnedi3.
>>
I'm trying to watch a movie now, but the god damn audio is either inaudible or way to fuckin' loud. I'm watching straight from bluray rips, so there's no problem with the audio stream itself.

The only way around this is to use "af=drc" so-far, but I hear that Dynamic Range Compression fucks with the audio a bit, so is there a good alternative?
>>
File: filters-800x450.png (426 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
filters-800x450.png
426 KB, 800x450
Why I can't get plex powered by mpv for windows?
There is source code on github but not easy to install release.
Please help me, kodi dsplayer is not maintained, emby theater doesn't come and normal kodi is shit.
>>
why the fuck did they remove the mplayer slave mode ? is there an other way to remotely control mpv via the command line ?
>>
>>51886811
Plex is going to have their player rebuilt from mpv or it already is, they might of changed the interface so you may not notice it
>>
How can I make mpv to save the screenshots in the folder from the file I'm playing.

I know that I'm supposed to add this:

screenshot-directory=/PATH/

Although, it always saves the screenshot in the home folder.

Any ideas?
>>
>>51887499
screenshot-template=%x/ishouldhavreadthemanual
>>
File: snapshot8.jpg (13 KB, 623x91) Image search: [Google]
snapshot8.jpg
13 KB, 623x91
>>51887637
Already did it. I only get it to work if I run mpv directly from the terminal. If I just go to the folder in which I have the file and try to take the screenshot I get this error.

I believe it has to be something about permissions.
>>
>>51887499

Read the fucking manual

--screenshot-template=C:\Users\whatever\yaddyadda
>>
>>51887811
I have
screenshot-template="%x/%f %P"
and it works fine for me

>>51887866
no
>>
>>51887888
Thanks anon, that worked. I was missing the quotation marks. Didn't knew that you should use them, at least it is not mentioned in the manual.

Anyway, thanks again.
>>
>>51886801
Have you tried to watch it on a standalone player? I've noticed this with movies recently and readily blame the studio, however high loudness ranges aren't necessarily always a bad thing.
DRC isn't that bad imo. I think it's worth it. You could try your audio api's own DRC to see if it's any better. wasapi, for example, has it's own DRC called "loudness"
I don't know about other audio apis
>>
>>51886879
https://mpv.io/manual/master/#json-ipc
?
>>
Best windows builds?
I'm currently using mpv.srsfckn.biz
>>
>>51886801
Drc is fine. I tried it once and now I'm using it for all the videos.
>>
How can I make vobsubs look nicer. I already have grayscale and blur enabled.
>>
why should I use this over mpc-hc with madvr?
>>
>>51890831
madvr is dead
and proprietary
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.