[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi /g/ i'll keep this short. why does my CPU fan speed rise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (420 KB, 1275x1025) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
420 KB, 1275x1025
hi /g/
i'll keep this short.
why does my CPU fan speed rise when i turn my case fans off ?
i overclocked it a bit so i'm doing some tests(stresstest)
case fans on: ~3700rpm @ 79-80C
case fans off: ~6000rpm @ 76-77C
>>
>>51886552
...Because you're not moving air through your case, which means heat isn't carried away as effectively from your CPU. Fan controller senses the temperature increase at your CPU and commands the CPU fan to spin faster to compensate.

This shit is not hard, dude. Just think about it for a minute.
>>
>>51886552
i'll also note that i have speedfan running at 100% on CPU.
and my case fans are connected with a fancontroller built-in my case
>>
Are you an idiot?
>>
You need to have at least 2-digit iq values to post here, anon.
>>
Come on man...check the heatsink but you probably just need another fan in your case, when you open it up does the air feel warm?
>>
>>51886569
it just doesn't make sense when my CPU fan is running at 100% at all times
>>
Your CPU fan...as in your heatsink fan?
>>
>>51886665
my cpu heatsink fan.. yes.. you don't need to ask that when it's obvious
>>
>>51886552
Thankfully I fell for the Intel meme. I would shit a brick if I had to have fans that go 6k rpm in the same room I was in
>>
>>51886552
if you pour a few drips of water onto your cpu fan it will not spin so fast anymore.
this is called water cooling.
>>
>>51886646
Clearly you just think it is, but it isn't. Speedfan is good but it isn't perfect. Search its documentation with your specific hardware in mind.

Also it helps if you fucking include shit like this: >>51886591
in your OP.
>>
>>51886676
clearly you don't understand obvious things
>>
>>51886701
yeah i know i didn't give enough info, it's pretty fucking important that i included it in my OP.
i know i'm an idiot but i would appreciate a real contribution.
>>
>>51886569
>>51886552
Draw your case airflow.
>>
File: aerocool_pgs_vx-e_pro_le_1.jpg (49 KB, 475x380) Image search: [Google]
aerocool_pgs_vx-e_pro_le_1.jpg
49 KB, 475x380
>>51886740
>>
>>51886736
...i did give you a real contribution. Check their bugtracker and documentation with your specific hardware in mind to see if there are bugs that impact you.

Fuck's sake, anon, do we have to do everything for you?

Either what I described here: >>51886569
is happening or you're getting incorrect readings from the software you're using.
>>
>>51886740
and backside there is also another fan blowing air out
>>
>>51886832
well, i appreciate the info you have given me, i'll check it out, i would just be surprised if it's speedfan because when i turn the software off it has exactly the same behaviour (yes i checked in processes if it's still running)
>>
bump hoping someone can clarify this situation for me, also read the thread before judging
>>
this is getting pathetic, anyone any idea's ?
>>
>>51887130
i already told you, do some water cooling.
>>
>>51887160
i'm a poorfag, i'll have to do it with the crappy stock cooler
>>
>>51887130
stop turning your fucking case fans off! you never said why you feel compelled to do this.
>>
>>51887183
not the point.
>>
>>51887183
if i put case fans on cruise instead of turbo the CPU heatsink fan spins around 4700rpm
this does not make sense seeing as the case fans are not connected to the motherboard in any way
>>
>>51887195
then fuck off. already given you advice, you seem determined to ignore it. gave you the reason why your CPU cooler fan kicks on. you ignore that.

Just fuck off. Thread is cancer.
>>
>>51887253
i don't ignore it, your statement is invalid seeing as speedfan has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>51887288
oh my god, then figure it out your fucking self. You seem determined to piece out information one bit at a time and do nothing yourself. Just go to fucking hell already
>>
>>51887309
i googled this shit for over an hour, it's not like i didn't try to figure it out but if you can't find the solution, that's normal, no need to be angry about it. You can't know everything.
>>
>>51887346
fuck off
>>
>>51887195
>The patient says, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that!"

It's fucking relevant
>>
>>51887400
it's relevant sure, but the CPU heatsink fan should be operating at full speed when it's at such a high speed, it's just weird that it adapts to something that can't communicate with it.
>>
>>51887457
when it's at such a high temp*
>>
Your CPU generates heat. The case fans aid in blowing hot air out of the case. If you turn off the case fans, the CPU fan must work twice as hard to keep the CPU cool. Surely you understand this and I misread the question.
>>
>>51887457
CPU fan controller has a thermistor that senses the temp increase caused by decrease in airflow through your case. The controller cares not a single fuck about what causes that temperature increase. It just looks at that thermistor as control loop input.

This shit really really isn't hard.
>>
>>51887514
No he really is this retarded
>>
>>51887538
oh my god finally, thank you so much for clarifying this. this was the info i was looking for.
again, thank you
>>
>>51887577
this is literally the same shit I said at the beginning of the thread. holy shit! where's the tylenol
>>
>>51887557
you would think if the cpu is running at 80 degrees the cpu fan would put some more effort into it, but you can also learn something from this guy>>51887538
>>
>>51887600
you didn't mention thermistors so i assumed you meant temp.
>>
File: same_fucking_person_you_faggot.png (15 KB, 1082x85) Image search: [Google]
same_fucking_person_you_faggot.png
15 KB, 1082x85
>>51887601
>>
>>51887601
>but you can also learn something from this guy
Everyone in this thread understood computers have thermal sensors in them, but you.
>>
>>51887621
>Fan controller senses the temperature increase

How else do you think the controller is going to sense the increase? By magic? Goddamn, put some thought into things.
>>
insult me all you want i'm going to bed with a little more knowledge now, thanks for that.
anon out.
>>
how can a person actually be this stupid
>>
>>51887711
i hate people as stupid as you are
>>
>>51887711
Don't forget to adjust the thermostat to 22C so you sleep comfy at night.
>>
>>51887821
>thermostat
>senses temperature
>must be magic

OP is a faggot
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.