[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chromebooks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: best_chromebook-970-80.jpg (42 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
best_chromebook-970-80.jpg
42 KB, 970x545
I've been thinking about getting a Chromebook for college. Any recommendations? Are there any good Chromebooks that are set to launch sometime early next year (I know Lenovo has one).
>>
>>51878260
Right now, whatever the successor to the C720 was or Toshiba Chromebook 2. Make sure to put an actual distro on those (flash the bios, don't just use crouton) though.
>>
>>51878260
acer chromebooks are purdy good and the best to install linux on if you're a linuxfag
>>
The new dell Chromebook is pretty good.
>>
>>51878276
bullshit i use crouton. i can run chrome os and ubunru side by side.
>>
>>51878745
*ubuntu
>>
>>51878260
>NSAbook with a butchered linux os
N-no thanks.
>>
Thinking about getting one in the future. Cheaper than most tablets, saw one for like £200 in black friday. Personally, I like the Acer ones the most,
Good Luck
>>
>>51878794
What is the point of you posting this exactly?
>>
>>51878260
If batterylife is what matters to you (it does for me) go get the asus one

I'm getting 10 to 14 hours display-on time on one charge, which is vital for lecture halls with no power outlets
>>
I have an HP 14" book I'm quite pleased with. Get a 4gb RAM book and you should be fine to go to developer mode and use Crouton.

2gb RAM might not be c enough to run both Chrome OS and Linux simultaneously
>>
>>51879926
Battery life is important to me. Could you tell me which Asus you have so I can take a look?
>>
>>51878260
I have an Acer C720p. Shit's pretty nice.
The new Acer Chromebook R11 looks pretty nice too.
Whatever you get, I do suggest 4 gigs of RAM
>>
>>51880005
C200, I think they're bringing out (or already have) a new one though. Also you can only use crouton on this one

I've left my home at 6:00 AM, it's 6:45PM now and I still have 2 to 3 hours of battery left
>>
>>51879926
>>51880005
>>51880068

Battery life stats are completely useless without screen brightness
>>
>>51880068
I took a look at their website, the C200 look gr8. And I think that the new model that you are talking is the C201. I'm probably going to get it, because not only is a good Chromebook but it is dirt fucking cheap even for a Chromebook.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.