[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I be genuinely afraid of the Windows 10 botnet actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot__40_.0.png (855 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot__40_.0.png
855 KB, 1920x1080
Should I be genuinely afraid of the Windows 10 botnet actually spying on me if I use it or is it all just a /g/ meme?
>>
>>51876939
Get Spybot Anti-Beacon if you're spooked, and yes, it's a meme, everything is a meme on /g/.
>>
>>51876939
You should be afraid.
>>
get spybot anti-beacon and run it, disable telemetry, key press monitor, and other stuff, then you are fine

its mostly a /g/ meme
>>
>>51876950
This desu senpai
>>
You know there's cameras that watch you at almost every street light nowadays? they see your license plate number? you know cameras monitor you and record what store you went in? what time? and when you pay with credit/debit card they store the information of what you purchased?. You know the government knows where you live? how much you make?
>>
>>51876939

Mostly a meme. It's still stupid to force telemetry reporting, though.
>>
>>51876939
POO IN THE LOO
O
O

I
N

T
H
E

L
O
O
>>
>>51877006

----cunt
---cunt
--cunt
-cunt
cunt
>>
>>51877006
I don't get it, I mean, I get the India joke but what does that have to do with Windows 10?
>>
>>51876939
Maybe not today, but future political and social instability will necessitate increased surveillance and enforcement of thought crime.
>>
>>51877069
looks like anything microsoft has something to do with india
>>
>>51877262
the CEO is fucking named Satan Nutella.
>>
It is not a meme, with the help of Microsoft i know all about you, Tom W.
>>
Not a meme at all
but you can avoid the botnet by now through several methods and its a good enough OS to use today.
I'd insist again, if you want a more classic OS without botnet just install an early copy of windows 8.1 and completely disable updates.
>>
File: windows 10 privacy statement.jpg (141 KB, 920x784) Image search: [Google]
windows 10 privacy statement.jpg
141 KB, 920x784
>>
/g/ memes by /g/ memers and people who are afraid to move on from win7
>>
>>51877371
what methods though
>>
>>51877278
it's Sunny Nutella, you prick
>>
>it's just a meme XD

MS themselves admit they're collecting a bunch of data in Windows 10 and you cannot disable it.

What the fuck is wrong with people.
>>
>>51876939
just a meme, /g/ is really just memeposting+whatshouldibuy?
>>
The shitty part about 10 is that it isn't like 7 right out of the gate. You have to make sure and turn all the shit off and uninstall all the stupid "apps". And then there's some other shit like the Xbox app which can't be uninstalled and automatically has its game DVR set to ON and the only way to turn it off is to log into the app. You can't disable One Drive either it only let's you hide it.

Overall compared to 7 I like it. As someone who switched to 8 in the early days it's 100x better to me.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.