[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mother is giving me her Best Buy card to buy whatever laptop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: bestbuy1.png (53 KB, 854x559) Image search: [Google]
bestbuy1.png
53 KB, 854x559
My mother is giving me her Best Buy card to buy whatever laptop I want up to like $1500 as my big university present. I'm going for electrical engineering. What should I do with this opportunity? New Thinkpads seem shit-tier and I feel fine with my 2560p.
>>
read the sticky and next time ask in >>>/g/sqt
>>
>Going to uni for electrical engineering
>>
>>51876489
you're going to have to elaborate because the meme you're trying to start isn't making any sense.
>>
You don't need a big fancy laptop to get the job done. I just bought a $180 dell from Best Buy, and its worked fine for me. Save the money and get something else.
>>
>>51876561
I already have a 2560p and that is more than enough, but if there is some new shit that kicks ass then this would be the time to buy it.
>>
>>51875938
I don't think you know how that meme works.
>>
You don't need anything for EE. A $200 netbook would do just fine. So just get whatever you like.

>New Thinkpads seem shit-tier

The X1 Carbon is pretty good. The rest are pretty shit, though.
>>
You can get the best laptop for the buck but only if you are willing to put in some work. It all depends on how you approach it. Here's what I would recommend
>T440 i5 - $325
>Optional: T450 Touchpad: $30
>1080p IPS AUO Display: $65
>9 Cell Battery for 10-12 hours of battery life: $70
>Optional: M.2 SSD 120 GB: $60
>Optional: 2 TB HDD: $90

There you go. 460 for an incredible laptop that has an amazing screen and keyboard. You can add the optional things in case you want them or don't have them.
>>
>>51877963
>buying into the cuckpad meme
go away OP doesn't need your faggotry
>>
>>51875914
Buy a chrome book and pocket the remaining money.

You're welcome.
>>
>>51878001
My mother gets a bunch of benefits and it's on a special corporate card so I can basically get whatever I want because she gets huge discounts and she's about to leave BB and start working at IBM so she wants me to use this for a laptop since it'd be convenient for her as a present to me.
>>
many of the laptops at best buy have shitty plastic build quality and will fall apart after a few years of lugging them around, well before the hardware is obsolete

research the high end laptops they carry paying special attention to build quality because at your price range anything you get will be more than powerful enough for anything other than high end gaming
>>
>>51877995
>cuckpad meme

Actually was given this by an employer. Believe it or not, businesses still use these laptops because of their versatility and strength, you mongrel.
>>
Buy one online or something. Or sell the card to one of those businesses that pay 90% of its value and use cash elsewhere, still plenty to get a good laptop.

The laptops inside best buys are shit tier with only walmarts selection sitting behind.
>>
>>51878085
the new ones are garbage. use a t61 from 2007 and then come to a t450 and you'll shit your pants at the difference in the build quality. lelnono cucked and castrated the thinkpad so fucking badly.
>>
>>51875914
get a macbook or iMac and use your schools dreamsparks account to get legit windows free and then bootcamp. thats what i do.
>>
>>51878111
wtf best buy are you fags going to? the one near me has surface books and thinkpads and macbooks
>>
>>51878118
same guy again; if you don't like apple or aluminum builds, get a surface pro 4 or the surfacebook.
>>
Just sell the card and buy a fucking desktop
>>
Buy a decent laptop and spend the rest on something else. Like a monster HDMI cable.
>>
>>51876561
>>51878001
You guys dont know how a store credit card works.

Confirmed teenagers
>>
>>51875914
Ipad pro desu senpai
>>
>>51878766
This. You'll never use the laptop anyways. Build a desktop and use the unis labs to do work at school. Take notes on paper, and profit from an awesome rig.

Having a desktop decreases your chances of getting laid by 87.999999%
>>
>>51875914
Just buy a Macbook and be done with it.
>>
>>51875914
>2560P
Amazing device, I don't even think HP makes good business laptops anymore.
>>
>>51878870
>you'll never use a laptop
that is unless you actually leave the house
>>
>OP is going to university
>has $1500
>nobody even mentioned Microsoft Surface products

You people are actually fucking retarded. SP3/4 is literally the greatest fucking thing you'll ever buy for a college student. $1500 would get a really nice one, too. fuck you stupid ass faggots holy shit
>>
>>51878055

Can you have your stepfather come on and post how he feels about all this?
>>
>>51879796

this desu
>>
File: 1439456686078.jpg (28 KB, 464x464) Image search: [Google]
1439456686078.jpg
28 KB, 464x464
>$1500 laptop for EE
>>
>>51882384
kill yourself shill
>>
File: college-laptop-classroom.jpg (60 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
college-laptop-classroom.jpg
60 KB, 500x246
>>51882950
>$1500 laptop for liberal arts
oh wait
>>
I love my 4k y50.
>>
>>51878126

So, shitbooks for normies?
>>
>>51884415
i've never seen a normie with any thinkpad and normies would be too dumb to pick a surface book over a macbook.
>>
Why would you need a 1500 ameridollaz laptop for EE? Rofl.

Also 2650p is legit breh, hit me up if you're selling
>>
>>51875914
Do you want to make friends and get laid?

>No
40lbs ThinkBot with Superfish and 2TB autism

>Yes
Macbook
>>
>>51884509
>"Okay lets have se-WAIT... you use a macbook, right?"

things that happen
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.