[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have any of you considered leaving your tech driven lives for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 435345345435.jpg (8 KB, 261x192) Image search: [Google]
435345345435.jpg
8 KB, 261x192
Have any of you considered leaving your tech driven lives for something more simple?
>>
>>51874973

I read a book today . It was about programming, so there's that, so that counts.
>>
>>51874973
No.
>>
I want to either go live in the forest as a hermit and live off the land or be a programmer

I will do one if the other fails
>>
In about 8 months I'll be leaving electronic technology for mechanical technology once I enter my meche major. Heavily depends on electronics for testing though
>>
>>51874973
>Have any of you considered leaving your tech driven lives for something more simple?
No, but I have considered leaving my current life to become a stress free code monkey again. Emphasis on again.
>>
le luddite thread
>>
>>51874973
Yes and I did. Good riddance.
>>
Tried several times.
I keep coming back for the money.
Dirty whore that I am.
>>
aquaponics with arduino / raspberry pi

It's a hobby which you can either sell to people or just live off
>>
>>51874973
Sometimes I wonder how would life be if I was a firefighter or a lumberjack.
>>
BUY
BUY
BUY
BUY
BUY
>>
>>51874973

Everyone's using it, You'd look like a hobo without your smartphone in your hand browsing VKontakte in public areas (or facebook in case you're a good goy).
>>
>>51876616
Every programmers dream
I'd love a year of living off the land with power and WiFi.
I'd come back as fucking Neo
>>
>>51874973

Ive thought about getting into gardening and using tech on it. Like hydroponic or grow lights or a greenhouse with some automatic systems I can monitor through the web,

Sorry I just cant let go of tech. Also when they 5 dollar pi gets back I might start doing home automation on everything since its cheap now.
>>
>>51877593
>>51877459
Let's do it?
>>
File: 1449524069816.gif (290 KB, 320x399) Image search: [Google]
1449524069816.gif
290 KB, 320x399
I've been thinking about it. Whether i really want to stare at a screen all the time. My ADD makes using a computer really annoying because its so easy to waste time. like right now. I find it really fascinating how computers work and programming i think is powerful(although I'm shit at it and can barely do a personal project at all) I could always be a businessman and make a startup, or go into investing.

Really what I want to be is someone who fixes machinery, technology, and electronics but on a somewhat advanced scale. Like a mechanic, but engineer level.

Another part of me wants to do civil engineering and build cities.

another part wants to go into medicine

and last one wants to just be a soldier

I'd major in mechatronics if i could.

Instead i'm going to major in Computer Science, minor in Information Systems, and get a second bachelors in Computer Engineering. Then join the Army as an officer, do my time, get out and start trying to help the world with computers.

I feel so lost a lot. Like I dont know what I want to do. because i'm not particularly good at anything. I'm Ok at a lot of things. but not good, or great at anything other than handling personal crises.

I've limited my tech usage though. I have a dumbphone with a slider keyboard. and I use a netbook for most of my computing needs(let my parents use my desktop for their stuff).

I wish I was good at something. Maybe i'll throw myself into computing and make aero/hydro/aquaponics systems and sell crops. Then just fix up and upgrade old cars of all kinds, then donate them to those in need provided they take a really hard driving course.

man I hate myself. I at least hope trump wins. I've never felt so hopeful about the world til this guy.
>>
>>51874973

I think about it all the time, when will the apocalypse get here?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.