[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cables
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: _HDMITYP.gif (50 KB, 370x269) Image search: [Google]
_HDMITYP.gif
50 KB, 370x269
Thinking of buying 30 ft HDMI cable for xmaspresent. Locally it costs 40 €, not really premium brand. Ebay sells all kind of them between braided and flat etc. but i've had problems before with microUSB cables i bought from ebay.

Those had the common problem of not being "premium" and had powerwires made of same AWG that datawires and didnt give full power and volts. Ugreen and Anker microUSBcables i bought give full power compared to OEM cable.

Anyone ever had same problems with HDMIs?
>>
What a fucking premium and thoughtful Christmas present. A fucking chord.
>>
>>51874901
I would appreciate the fuck out of a long ass HDMI cable. You're just an entitled faggot. I bet you're the kind of fuccboi who rages on twitter because daddy didn't get him the right color on his iPhone 6s Plus
>>
>>51874877
I don't know what that is in real measurement instead of foot fetish ones but the longer the cable the bigger the signal loss. And this is in perfect conditions such as not going near other cables. It's pretty much expected behavior.
>>
File: 1438550291998.jpg (135 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1438550291998.jpg
135 KB, 1280x800
>>51874972
10 m cable it would be. It would be for laptop to tv, nothing else, propably streaming from pc to tv.

Only thing spookying is the cable quality and if they are made from thinner stuff like those USBs i told. They were really cheap so in this case price is atleast somesort of qualityinsurance.

>>51874901
Ill throw in box(es) of choclate for the funs then, society is materialistic, why not get something usefull. Its the thought.
>>
File: the fuck are you doing.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
the fuck are you doing.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>51874877
>ft
>€
>>
>>51875070
>10 m
>43 $$$$$$
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 639x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 639x479
>>51875048
More than 5m and the signal loss starts to get more obvious. In such a long cable it's not wise to cheap out or you might want to get an alternative.
Ferrite in the cable is a must, even if you buy a couple of extras to go along through the cable it's a smart investment.
>>
>>51874877
Will you not need an amplifier if the HDMI cable is that long ?
>>
ITT: people who don't understand that signal degradation literally isn't an issue on a digital signal carrier.
>>
>>51875692
It is if there is no longer enough bandwidth to transmit the signal anymore. Which can be problematic if you're putting your cables in the wall and are totally fucked when you require higher bandwidth modes.
>>
>>51875708
if that's the case, OP should be running everything over CAT6 and just use adapters at the wall socket.
>>
That said though, if the signal transmits, it transmits. If the cable doesn't have enough bandwidth you'll get MASSIVE corruption and it'll be unwatchable.
>>
>>51874901
Are you a grill?
>>
>>51875692
If that's the case, why isn't there a transatlantic USB cable?
>>
>>51874901
•cord
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.