[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokr3 a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: pokr.jpg (149 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
pokr.jpg
149 KB, 1500x1000
Is good or should I get something else?
>>
>>51873201
If you do any programming or typing it's crap. It might be useful for a travel keyboard, but you're still better off with a tkl or one of those 65% boards.

It seems pretty hated on here, but the Code Keyboard and the DK4 aren't bad for actual productivity.

I'm not an expert on these things, though. I'm not into gaming, so it might have some sort of feature that's useful for gaming that I just don't know about.

Downsides of the DK4 is the cable, it's thick and isn't detachable, so it's a pain in the ass to replace, and modifying it to a detachable cable can result in losing the functionality of the USB hub. In that regard, I'd choose the Code Keyboard. The Das is just nice because it's got solid quality and the volume control feels like an extension of your arm.

All that being said, if you're looking for a 60% keyboard, the POK3R seems to be popular enough and easy to modify. I haven't done much 'research' on it, but from what I understand, it's backplate can be removed easily and replaced with a new casing. It seems more about aesthetics than functionality.

TL;DR, if you're going for functionality, avoid it. If you're going for portability and aesthetics, it seems popular and in fashion.
>>
>>51873366
Alright thanks for the explanation. +Rep
>>
>>51873201
yes it's a meme. if you think the numpad is useless, fine, whatever (it's not), but I really don't understand how anyone can function without arrow keys, home, end, pgup, pgdn, prtscrn, and del.

Using an fn key to replace functionality is considered harmful. To hit the arrow key on that keyboard, you will have to hold fn with your right pinky, and then hit right arrow with your middle finger, and then the secondary modifier (ctrl, win, alt) with your left hand. It's such a hassle you'll never do it. life is suffering on a keyboard like that
>>
>>51873402
No prob. Personally, I agree with >>51873469 in that losing the numpad is a waste, I use it pretty often for calculations, and buying a separate numpad just for that seems like a waste of money. I've been considering buying a TKL for writing, but saving 3 inches of desk space just isn't that big of a deal for me.

What are you looking for in a keyboard? You don't seem like the type of person who's looking for one of those flashy/LED/Neon light rigs
>>
>>51873700
Wew lad if you could afford blowing money on a quality mech board you can afford a separate mech numpad
>>
>>51873469
I literally never use any of those keys.
>>
I personally don't like the type of keyboards that blind me whenever I look at (inb4 shit typer). But I just want a nice "non gaming " keyboard.
>>
>>51873814
Try them out. They save like 4 seconds when highlighting text for example. ctrl-shift-left/right arrow, ctrl-shift-home, ctrl-shift-end, insanely useful in quickly selecting text. Just look up a "Keyboard shortcuts" table.
>>
>>51873921
You mean pressing v and then using hjkl to go to where you what? I'm not a fucking octopus. If I wanted to press a bunch of chords I would play my piano.
>>
>>51873814
It's because you're not a POWER USER!!!
>>
>>51873958
I use nano, actually. hjkl is pretty dumb, especially on dvorak.

ctrl and shift are right next to each other, and you have to reach your hand over to get the mouse anyway, so the arrow keys are right there. octopussing is what you have to do on OPs keyboard to do anything other than type English. Taking 20 minutes to learn shortcut keys gives you greater control over blah blah blah it makes using a computer feel better. just do it jesus
>>
>everyone praises themselves to be l33t vim users navigating with hjkl
>OMG hitting function modifiers and using jikl will give me cancer

Sure /g/
>>
>>51874000
I never use my mouse when programming or doing any other task that requires a fair amount of typing.
>>
>>51874014
With your pinky, mang!
>>
>>51873201
I have a Pok3r, it's my first mechanical and I'm really enjoying typing on it.
>I do program, but I confess to using technologies that have existed since 1981 such as a mouse(with scroll wheel) and Visual Studio, I'm not as dank as these macro-meisters.
>>
>>51873201
Pokers are 10/10 keyboards. Once you get used to the FN layer I find you end up being faster than using a conventional keyboard, but it does take some time.

>>51873366
Software Engineer here. I use a Poker 2 at work and what youre saying is bullshit. I never miss having arrow keys or the numpad. You really shouldn't be using either of those much while programming and if you are you should seriously reconsider how you work. Although I much prefer the FN + WASD for arrow keys over FN + IJKL and I'm not sure if that can be changed on the Pok3r.
>>
File: image-6.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image-6.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Get the choc mini
>>
>>51874533
>look it up on Amazon
>made by the same faggots who brought you the loli keyboard
>description in engrish
>knockoff cherries
>useless keys
No thanks.
>>
>>51873806
You can also afford just buying the real version of your gimped model that comes with a mech numpad, and you're still left without all of the arrow keys and shit with this >>51873201
plus a numpad, basically what
>>51873469
said

>wew lad
>im only pretending to be retarded hurdur look at me

Btw if I wanted to add a diy backlight to a Unicomp, does g have any ideas on how to do that?

inb4 just learn to type, i need it as a night-light and I like knowing exactly where my keyboard is as well and it would just be pretty schway in general
>>
I love mine with green keycaps!
>>
TKL faggots confirmed NEET basement dwellers
>form over function
fucking neo-/g/
>>
POK3R 3 owner here, as well as a coder, gamer, and shitposter. This keyboard is great for all these things.

>>51873469

What are you talking about ? To use 'left' on a POKER, you hold fn+j. why w ould you need a secondary modifier for that ? literally just as much hassle as using shift for capital letters.
>>
>>51874533
All reviews I read said it's shit
>>
File: SUhlYeZh.jpg (146 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SUhlYeZh.jpg
146 KB, 1024x768
>>51873201

Compact SQ is best layout.

Anything else compromises functon.
>>
>>51874870
Any keys unreachable from the home row are non-functional.
>>
>>51874870
Where did Page Down go?
>>
>>51874870
>external keyboard on laptop
only autistic people do this shit

Also, what's the best kind of keyswitch to get if I'm used to typing on thinkpad keyboards without bottoming out?
>>
>>51874870
>missing context menu key

close.
>>
>>51874894
#3 numpad
>>
>>51875021
Thanks, that's a pretty dank looking keyboard layout, I've never seen one like it before
>>
>>51874943
>>51874894

Reprogrammable.
>>
>>51874000
>reach your hand over to get the mouse anyway
>what is trackpoint
>>
>>51874927
>only autistic people
and the ones with meme laptops without a functional keyboard
>>
only buy full sized keyboards, never buy 10keyless
>>
>>51874870
>small right shift
fucking dropped
>>
>>51874894
>Scroll Lock, but no dedicated PgDwn
>best layout
K
>>
>>51875963
This desu
>but muh aesthetics
>>
only full sized keyboard

and whoever fucks with positions of Ins, Del, Home, End, Pgup, Pgdown and arrows

SHOULD BE EXECUTED ON THE SPOT
>>
>>51875973

It is fully reprogramable.

That is a prototype, just somethong thrown together by developer.
>>
>>51875963
what if you never use the numblock?
>inb4 then i need to kill myself
>>
>>51873201
arguably the best cherry mx keyboard available
>>
File: B15wG.jpg (52 KB, 870x400) Image search: [Google]
B15wG.jpg
52 KB, 870x400
If you've got the money, get one of these.
>>
>>51879820
B I G E N T E R
I
G
E
N
T
E
R
>>
flip the dip switch you dipshits, then hold capslock as you use ijkl for arrows, its fast as fuck.
>>
File: pro2nl_sumi_a2_l.jpg (27 KB, 753x500) Image search: [Google]
pro2nl_sumi_a2_l.jpg
27 KB, 753x500
>>51879861
How bout tihs?
>>
>>51873201
I like my Pok3r with browns.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.