[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, critique my build. What should I swap out, change, or remove?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: custompc.jpg (187 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
custompc.jpg
187 KB, 700x700
Hey /g/, critique my build. What should I swap out, change, or remove?
>>
oops:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/N4VHP6
>>
>>51871746
Probably get a lower wattage version of that psu (~650-750), cheaper z97, maybe a slightly cheaper case (i recommend r5) and use that extra $ for a 980 ti.
>>
You'd probably be OK with a 4690k and you could use the $100 you would save to get a 980ti. Do you really need an optical drive?
>>
>>51871744
Get a real cooler for that CPU h100i or custom loop
>>
Build thread?
Can some one help me with mine. I want a 2000-2500 budget. The monitor is whats killing me. I want 1440p, 144hz.
First build btw.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cFZvBm
>>
>>51871744
Get an i5 and a 980TI instead.

Don't get meme OC memory. Just get some Gskill DDR3 1600
>>
>>51871869
So here's the thing, I already own the case, PSU, and SSD. I included them to avoid confusion, but I got them for pretty great deals. I know the 850w is overkill, though.

>>51871875
>>51871944
I don't know why I'm so hellbent on getting an i7, but I am. Do you guys truly think it's a bad idea? I'm not opposed to spending an extra $100 or so on the 980ti.

And the optical drive, I mean, it's cheap and I feel it's useful to have very occasionally.
>>
>>51871889
I'm using the EVO in my current i5 system (built in 2012) and was surprised to see it still tops all the recommended lists for aftermarket cooling, when not factoring in watercooling. Why do you suggest otherwise?
>>
>>51872057
Do you run VMs, encode movies, or compress/decrompess shitloads of files?

If the answer is no then you don't want an i7.

If you need to do things that actually use the parallelism and you're going to do it a lot then sure.

if not, I wouldn't, just pissing away money
>>
>>51871908
You probably only need 16gb of ram. That should save you 80 bucks
You probably would be fine with a 4690k. That will save you another 100 bucks.
Get a 2tb WD black hdd instead of a seashit
That version of the z97a has been getting bad reviews on newegg. Do some more research.
Get g-sync not freesync. Check out the acer XB270HU
Do you really need an optical drive?
>>
Alright, OP here, tweaked it a bit but kept the i7, but I'm still open to winding down to an i5. I understand I may be stupid for sticking with the i7, but I won't be ordering the system for a couple weeks, so there's plenty of time to come to sense.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7v24Hx
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.