[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I copy over my Steam folder of 250gb to the other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1450040415473.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1450040415473.png
296 KB, 649x649
How the fuck do I copy over my Steam folder of 250gb to the other drive without it taking hours?

Fuck like using 60% of my CPU lmao
>>
Delete everything besides the steam games and just switch the hdds and reinstall windows
>>
250,000 MB transferred at a rate of 150MB/s is 1667 seconds, which is a little under 30 mins.
>>
>>51871248
He's probably a gigantic faggot pleb using wifi or 100Mbps ethernet.
>>
>>51871248
150MB/s write on hdd? Are you dense? Hdds have like 80-100 write and assuming the one op has isn't in optimal condition etc. he's probably getting 80MB/s write. So it's closer to an hour, but steam might be slowing it down too, so let's say 70MB/s, that would come out on about one hour. So yeah, op might be exaggerating, but please, if you want to attack someone, do it properly.
>>
>>51871393
What a fucking idiot. Do some research before you post dumb shit.
http://hdd.userbenchmark.com/Seagate-Barracuda-720014-1TB/Rating/1849

And how could steam slow down a file transfer? Jesus I thought people on this site were a little smart.
>>
>>51871552
Who the fuck said they op had a barracuda, by steam slowing it down, I meant that steam probably has to tansfer some stuff besides the game itself too'
>>
>>51871393
I get 140 write on my mechanical for most operations.
>>
>>51870990

do it overnight, or stop sucking pleb
>>
>>51871640
Well, I get 480 but that has nothing to do with this thread.
>>
>>51870990
in a tarball
>>
>>51871623
The barracuda i posted came out 3 years ago. Most sata 7200 mechanical hard drives write around 150 mb/s.

You said that steam would slow the write speed, not add files to the queue.

Just admit you are a dumb faggot and move on.
>>
If it's on a hard drive, it doesn't matter, it's going to take hours because of the small random reads as well as the small random writes even if your target is an SSD. In fact, even an SSD for source material would slow it down too.

Shut up and just fucking do it, stupid.
>>
>>51871552
You should transfer sectors, physically
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.