[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are sounds cards worth it? Or are you better off getting a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 91EF674RkQL._SL1500_.jpg (215 KB, 1500x1117) Image search: [Google]
91EF674RkQL._SL1500_.jpg
215 KB, 1500x1117
Are sounds cards worth it?
Or are you better off getting a good pair of headphones?
>>
You're probably better talking a walk with your gf
>>
>>51867979

Yes, just buy a Xonar DG and get MDR V6 and you are good.
>>
>>51867979
If you need to ask, you probably don't need one.
>>
>>51867979
P L A C E B O
See
>>51868021
>>
>>51867979
>Are sounds cards worth it?
NO
>Or are you better off getting a good pair of headphones?
It's only for amp a +60-300 ohm meme headphones
>>
>>Are sounds cards worth it?
Yes, for ASIO 2.0 drivers alone

>Or are you better off getting a good pair of headphones?
You get a better DAC with a xonar
>>
you should buy a soundcard if you
a) dont have audio out on your motherboard
b) dont have codecs to support your 11-channel blu ray rip
c) recording music and don't have supported output formats
d) you browse /g/
>>
>>51867998

a walk to remember?
>>
No. If you care about sound quality, you won't put your sound hardware inside your computer case. You use an external DAC connected via optical or USB. An internal soundcard is the worst solution.
>>
>>51868096
this
you can get a used Xonar STX for less than 100$
mine go very well with my DT770
>>
>>51868096
this
>>
>>51868129
>You use an external DAC connected via optical or USB

Whats a good recommendation for one of thoses?
>>
>>51868238
O2 if you feel like spending 100$+
Behringer UCA202 if you feel like spending 20$
>>
>>51868128
What walk?
>>
>>51868050
I wasn't implying they're placebo at all. The key points of needing a soundcard is if you're working with sound in some way, have garbage integrated sound (most people do not), or you need interfaces (full stereo, SPDIF)that are not present on your motherboard already.

All of which he would already know if he needed it in the first place and would not have bothered to come ask /g/ if he needs one.
>>
>>51868129
Is this just an audiophile meme or what? The amount of crosstalk or interference surely cannot be that bad that it would necessitate external hardware.
>>
Don't buy soundblaster if you want linux drivers.

Hell they didn't even have windows10 drivers for a while.

Creative a shit company
>>
I might get one. For some reason I can't play 5.1 via spdif on windows 10. Fucking drivers Jesus.
>>
>>51868583
Depends on the resistance of your headphones
>>
>>51868674
My 10 year old sound blaster audigy works fine with ubuntu. What are you talking about?
>>
>>51869258
That would be related to signal reflections and impedance matching, not noise...

Also, [analog] signal layers are usually routed through internal layers on the PCB surrounded by ground planes.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.