[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which country's servers would anons pick for VPN? The States,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: Spurdo_23573d_5245841.jpg (88 KB, 780x812) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo_23573d_5245841.jpg
88 KB, 780x812
Which country's servers would anons pick for VPN? The States, Sweden, Germany and The Netherlands seem reliable, but as a new to issue I can't make my mind.
Just moved into Germany so therefore the question.
>>
germamy, our (dutch) government will sell your shit to an american 3 letter organisation when they're kindly asked to do so and the nazis tend to care about privacy more than any other western country.
>>
>>51865243
nice try GEMA
>>
>>51865243
I thought it would have been the other way around.
What gives with Dutch government?
>>
>>51865178
What does the "t." in "t. Spurdo Spadre :DDDD" even stand for?

Also, Don't all of those countries contribute to NSA spying?
>>
Somalia
>>
>>51865365
"t." = regards in Finnish (terveisin, but usually shorted as "t." when writing letters and emails).

Spurdo is just shitty meme popular in /int/
>>
>>51865365
>implying location even matters for the massive global surveillance of the five eyes and "friends"
I don't think OP even asked for thar
>>
>>51865947
so it wouldn't matter then?
but what could stop authorities to raid me if a server in the Netherlands would get raided?
>>
USA ;-)
PIA is totally safe and not honeypot, just read our reviews ;-)
>>
>>51866030
It wouldn't matter if you were someone who is targeted by the nsa
They don't really go after average Joe's who pirate animu and vidya
>>
>>51866201
Guess there is no need for VPN then?
I've gotten mixed messages regarding the issue in here, but don't really know is relocating data movement worth it if they could be sold to GEMA/other fuckers anyway.
Guess the realistic situation would be a fine if they would ride a server aborad?
>>
>>51865243
Have you not watched Homeland season 5? Germany and the US have some comfy data swap deals also
>>
>>51866033
Well PIA does support freenode which is nice. Plus I don't need to protect myself from the fucking NSA. I just don't want some skiddie to hack my shit while I am at the airport
>>
>>51865327
Right wing party that only cares about muh economy is in power. Plus the Dutch government has no backbone whatsoever and likes to slobber on murrica's dick.
So of course civil rights or basically anything that's good for civilians are thrown out the window in favor of big corporations and turning this country into a surveillance state.
Same problem as in burgerland and the UK, really.
>>
>>51865178
Swiss is your best choice in Europe.
>>
>>51866276
If you're going to torrent newest and/or German shit in Germany you're going to need a seedbox or a VPN
New data retention laws haven't gone into full effect yet since the European court of justice declared it all unconstitutional AFAIK so if you want to be on the safer side just get a VPN wherever so it's not cost effective for the copyright lawyers to even request your data

Also, Germany isn't really consistent when going after pirates. I've been pirating since the early 00's through several isps and never even gotten a letter. A friend downloaded one shifty German language game and got busted. I don't use a VPN but I also don't pirate/seed a lot so maybe I'm just not autistic enough about getting the newest shit.
>>
>>51866857
so just apply the general cunt rule?
> use anyone else's ip address
> be an average leeching Joe
> don't seed
> rinse and repeat

>>51866545
sure about it?
>>
>>51865178
Choose Germany... The Dutch sell all your info, Sweden suck Americas dick as much as they can (they are filled with cool internet activists like the pirate bay guys, but not the government) and corporations in the states are the worst. The corporations are often forced to collect all your information since the NSA can not do it directly anymore. Your information is going to be everywhere and might get into the hands of criminals. German politicians are the only western politicians that openly support privacy and encryption. I am Norwegian, but I follow politics.
>>
File: 2011269.jpg (15 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
2011269.jpg
15 KB, 400x266
>>51866033
Kek this. So many retards using PIA it's hilarious. It's like hushmail all over again.
>>
>>51865178
Swiss, Sweden, Finland those are the best.
>>
>>51866992
Yeah. They actually still have their laws in their own hands.
>>
The following countries dont have extradition treaties with the US (the US is most likely the country to prosecute). You cant totally trust this map, Gottfrid Svartholm. one of the Pirate Bay founders fled to Cambodia after being found guilty but still got arrested/extradited
>>
>>51867764
Depends really on the country and what they could het out of it desu, if they get fat paycheck most countries will happly deliver you to the US.
>>
>>51867764
He should've gone back with Sunde when he decided to return to Sweden and just get done with it.
Going to a corrupt shithole in asia wasn't a good choice either but it was probably their only choice cause it also met the requirement of being cheap as fuck.
Should've chose Vietnam probably.
>>
>>51865178
Benis XDDDD
>>
File: image_4.jpg (68 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
68 KB, 400x395
>>51865451
>>
>>51867764
well I've always thought about Indonesia as exotic enough to live
>>51867745
neat, cheers!
>>
>>51867764
I don't think OP is assange or snowden desu senpai
>>
>>51865178
>he fell for the VPS (virtual private spy) meme!
>>
i was gonna start my own thread but this will do

what's the best VPN for torrenting in the USA?
>>
File: benin.jpg (183 KB, 407x441) Image search: [Google]
benin.jpg
183 KB, 407x441
>>51867764
The rule-of-law countries have extradition treaties and will ship you back essentially on demand. The countries that don't have such treaties generally don't have the rule of law, so if it's politically convenient for the country to send you back, they'll do it, because who says they can't. Catch-22.

The only reason Snowden is still around is because Putin liked the idea of thumbing his nose at the US, so he let him stick around. Of course if you're doing something that would make the NSA very interested in you specifically, you're gonna need a fuck of a lot more than just a VPN.
>>
>>51870070
fuck it i just went PIA

whatevvs
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.