[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop Fan Cooler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Laptop Fan Cooler.jpg (52 KB, 567x336) Image search: [Google]
Laptop Fan Cooler.jpg
52 KB, 567x336
Anybody else use these? Looking for a recommendation
>>
>Faggets who buy laptops for gaming
>>
>>51864436
They don't DO anything. If your laptop is running too warm, you need to clean it out. A chill mat like that is little more than a placebo.
>>
can't you just drill a hole in the chassis?
>>
>>51864469
>pushing more air then ambient is placebo
>>
>>51864495
It doesn't add to the static air pressure inside the laptop because the fucking fan isn't even in the right spot. When was the last time you looked under a laptop?
>>
>>51864436
get one with air space both below and on top of it. If you suffocate your fans in any of those places you're actually throwing hot air inside your laptop. You need a nice airflow.

Also get one that is confortable. It will be annoying to carry around, so minimize that.
>>
>>51864436
they're all disposable grade garbage
get whatever you can find for ~$15 and it'll probably work well enough

>>51864469
of course they do something
the bottom of your laptop gets hot, doesn't it?
the whole damn thing is a heatsink waiting to have warmth wicked away from it

are they super effective? hell no, but raising that crap off the desk even an inch is going to make your heatsink fan run less
>>
cut the grate off from over the intake.
>>
>>51864580
Welp, I'm done. You win. Go ahead and buy a chill mat if it makes you feel better. Just know that I won't help your internal temps in the slightest.
>>
>>51864640
well I know YOU won't, but the mat will.
>>
>>51864640
>someone actually wrote this
mmmh
>>
>>51864640
oh god, just fuck off
>>
Are there any benchmarks to see if these even work?
>>
File: ac-mx4-4g-large.jpg (10 KB, 627x207) Image search: [Google]
ac-mx4-4g-large.jpg
10 KB, 627x207
I think a much better investment would be replacing the thermal paste on your CPU and GPU. Something non-conductive like the Arctic MX4 to be safe.
>>
>>51864640
but it does it gives better airflow on the bottom when you have it on your lap, you god damn goober.
>>
>>51865021
>spending hours on disassembling and assembling your laptop and potentially fucking things up for 2-3c difference
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.