[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst that can happen if I buy one of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: genuine original brand new.jpg (68 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
genuine original brand new.jpg
68 KB, 750x750
What's the worst that can happen if I buy one of these?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Genuine-Original-Brand-New-85W-MagSafe-2-T-tip-Charger-Power-Adapter-for-MacBook-Pro/32392731679.html
>>
>>51862734
I like how the opened one in the pictures has a frayed cord.
Also the ad says 85w but it says 60w on second pic.
>>
>>51862734
It shorts the fuck out of your macbook.
Never buy off the shelf chargers.
After 12 out of every 31 shitting themselfs out I don't advise it.
>>
>>51862734
The worst and most likely what can happen is that your battery will be damaged and your house will burn down.
>>
It will burn your house down.
>>
>>51862734
Housefire definitely.
And the chances of that with cheap chinkshit power adapters are quite significant.
>>
You die.
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1283818/woman-electrocuted-while-answering-iphone-may-have-been-using-fake?page=all
>>
>>51862734
House fire.
>>
>>51862734
>>being retarded

looks like the worst has already happened op
>>
>>51862734
Nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>51862734
Death by electrocution: >>51864507
>>
>>51862734
The internal transformer/capacitor assembly has a high chance of exploding.

Literally don't buy these.
>>
Buy the original. Don't be a c͏uck
>>
File: 1712745974.jpg (93 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
1712745974.jpg
93 KB, 356x500
>>51862734
nothing, it says 100% genuine, if something happens you can blame Apple.
>>
>>51862734
you burn down your apartment bulding, killing you, 200 residents and 10 firefighters
>>
File: intelinmac.jpg (62 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
intelinmac.jpg
62 KB, 480x640
i have one for my macboo pro op, i've had it for about 6 months and the only issue i have is that it needs to be properly aligned when plugin to the macbook. i only use it if my battery is dead and i never leave it plugged in while i'm not around.
>>
>>51862734
>> buys 2k computer
>> too cheap to replace charger
>>
The worst that can happen is that you use an Apple product.
>>
i bought a few of these. the worst that i've experienced is that the brick hums at an all but inaudible volume.

maybe they'll all blow up in 10 minutes, but i don't suspect so.
>>
>>51862734
The fakes sometimes have spelling mistakes on the regulatory stuff printed on the bottom.
Almost all fakes radiate EMI like mad.
There are some very scary photos online of the guts of the fakes. Little insulation, no shielding, sub-standard design, etc.
>>
Your house can burn down, and you only have onsite backups.

That's the worst.

Laptop power supplies sometimes catch fire, because they're under sized for the amprage the laptop's charging circuit pulls. You can get away with pilling too much for short times, or once in a while, but it slowly degrades the unit, until it smokes and catches fire.

Now imagine you left this plugged in overnight, then weekend up in the morning to go stand in line at the unemployment office, and forgot to unplug it.

Not worth it OP.
>>
>>51862734
You get good reason to buy real computer.
>>
>Genuine
>Original
>Brand new

I don't see the problem
>>
Someone might kill you for them
>>
>>51862734
>mail man rapes you
>anus bleeding
>open package
>it's a bomb, it blows off your arm
>you connect it
>device starts melting
>your leg covered with molten plastic
>you try to rub it off
>steve jobs ghost comes and rapes you
>you like it
>you are a faggot for choosing apple
>>
>>51869266
This happens a lot, you would be surprised!
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.