[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys I have a problem I honesly really like touch screen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 8100YcxP5TL._SL1500_.jpg (139 KB, 1462x1500) Image search: [Google]
8100YcxP5TL._SL1500_.jpg
139 KB, 1462x1500
Hey guys I have a problem I honesly really like touch screen laptops but I also really like video games and I cant find a decent touch screen with a decent graphics card for under $1200? Does it even exist?
>>
>>51858880
for a bit more you can get a hp omen, I've got one and its bretty gud
>>
>>51858880
>Go to any laptop selling site
>Select "Discrete GPU, Touchscreen, >$1000~1200 price range
>Pick the one with better GPU
>???
>Profit!
/g/ is not your fucking personal buying guide, gtfo
>>
>>51858880
Buy a thinkpad yoga, only has 840m but it plays GTAV and Dota 2 so it's good for me

I have one from work, awesome, and 10 point multi touch, turns into tablet if you flip it, 8h battery. Fuck yeah
>>
>>51858880
No you have to wait till acer copies surface book to have those requirements under 1200$
>>
>>51858880
>laptop
>touchscreen
why?
>>
>>51859982
Why not? Seriously can you give me any downside to having one? The cost isn't one so you better think of something else.
>>
>>51861132
I have one and the largest downside comes from when there a speck of dirt on my screen and I wipe it off and accidentally click on something.

Also, if the screen gets damaged somehow, it's near impossible to replace the digitizer even for a repair shop. Source: I work in a repair shop.

But the REAL downside comes from this dipshit kid that was in my dorm freshman year at school who saw me working at my computer at 4AM and walked up
>HEY IS THAT A TOUCHSCREEN
starts stabbing and swiping away with his greasy pizza fingers.
>>
>>51861331
I have a Samsung Ativ book 8 though and it's pretty legit. I don't play too many games but it has an 8770M which can handle stuff pretty well. Very long battery life as well. I'd recommend replacing HDD with an SSD.
>>
>>51858985
>g is not your fucking personal buying guide, gtfo

>gives advice on exactly what to do.

the le definition of literally.
>>
>>51861132
the downside is that often the accuracy is rather bad and let's be honest, unless you're using your laptop a lot while not near a desk, then most of the time you're just gonna use the trackpad/mouse.
Maybe it's just me, but I had a touchscreen laptop for 5 years and after year one I just went into BIOS and disabled it because I didn't use it at all.
>>
>>51858880
>but I also really like video games
>>>/v/

Just buy a console, kid.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.