[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kickstarter idea: Tired of carrying your phone everywhere you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9
File: Phone-Scam.jpg (17 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
Phone-Scam.jpg
17 KB, 650x366
Kickstarter idea:

Tired of carrying your phone everywhere you go?
Worry no more!

Introducing project Street Calling!

Take part in crowdfunding a revolutionary new project, and lets put a phone in ever neighborhood!
>>
File: 1444865464578.png (158 KB, 256x302) Image search: [Google]
1444865464578.png
158 KB, 256x302
>lets put a phone in every neighborhood
>>
>>51857294
Do it bro call it bell
>>
>>51857319
Whoah, you understood the joke and even posted a suitable reaction image!
>>
I'm thinking of kickstartering mpv. Put up some bullshit about how it needs a little more to be "free for all schoolchildren" and rake in a few hundred thou on a project I had nothing to do with and no intention of doing anything with except maybe changing the logo.
The 24/7 mpv shilling is getting on my nerves so it would be sweet revenge to steal their shit for my own profit.
>>
>>51857355
You can't get sued for stealing an open source project and just changing a few lines of code right?
>>
>>51857355
fuck you im stealing this idea
>>
>>51857374
You can sell their exact code as long as you strip out any trademarked brand names.
>>
>>51857355
>>51857374
ITT: /g/ learns how to catch a fraud charge
>>
>>51857390
ITT you learn what "free as in freedom" means.
You have the right to redistribute under the same license.
mpv works for the most part so I would be shipping a working product.
>>
>>51857385

>>51857355
(c) 2015 by me Inc.
>>
>>51857374
Depends on the project's license, which is why OS X and parts of Windows are derived from BSD and not Linux.
>>
>>51857355
>except maybe changing the logo
Finally, /g/ has found a way to put their talents to use!
>>
File: TNGopeninglogo.png (8 KB, 227x32) Image search: [Google]
TNGopeninglogo.png
8 KB, 227x32
I think I'll call it NGV Next Generation Video (Player)
(is TNG's font copyrighted?)
>>
File: Untitled.png (324 KB, 1800x1440) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
324 KB, 1800x1440
>>
Damn, mpv logo shows up in the video player. I'll have to shop that out.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3 MB, 1917x1109) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 MB, 1917x1109
There we go.
>>
>>51857570
NIGGER!

I'm ain't even mad, I'll make my own to surpass it.
My GF is a graphic designer, so it will look better.
>>
>>51857753
actually, stupid me. It should be smaller to show it's a window.
>>
So how do you intend to distribute your rebranded mpv?

Are you just gonna tell people to apt-get mpv?
Because even Debian has it in their repos now.
>>
>>51857805
What are you talking about? I'll just say it's been renamed to mpv and throw up a link, if I don't feel like ftping a real fork.
>>
File: Untitled1.png (502 KB, 1800x1344) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
502 KB, 1800x1344
Hmm...
>>
File: Untitled1.png (959 KB, 1266x939) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
959 KB, 1266x939
More Windows-y?
>>
>>51858150
>still says mpv
>>
>>51858167
Yeah I'll shop that out later.
>>
>>51857294
i hope you know your idea is stupid, and that nobody cares about ideas unless you build it
>>
File: Untitled2.png (233 KB, 984x867) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
233 KB, 984x867
I think this might work.
>>
>>51858210
Fuck forgot to shop out the mpv
>>
File: Untitled3.png (1 MB, 1917x1109) Image search: [Google]
Untitled3.png
1 MB, 1917x1109
maybe a drop shadow?
>>
Hmm.. what should the funding goal be?
>>
"An advanced, lightweight, fully-featured, multiplatform video player"

Sound good?
>>
"Tired of the poor quality of the other Media Players available, we decided to embark on a new project to remedy the problems we saw in them. Starting from the solid foundation of the open-source mplayer, mplayer2, and mpv, we are now 90% complete with our Next Generation Video Player."
>>
>>51858553
Ugh, maybe not.
>>
>>51857488
this. i'll have it by next Tuesday?
>>
"We decided to embark on a new project to remedy the problems we saw in other media players already on the market. (Poor rendering, poor compatibility, etc.), Starting from the solid foundation of the open-source mplayer, mplayer2, and mpv, we are now 90% complete with our Next Generation Video Player, with functioning prototypes in hand."
>>
>>51858329
2.5 million.
>>
>>51858623
I think this is accurate, too, since mpv is around 90% of a real video player.
>>
>>51858623
>>51858553
>>51858353
>tfw can't provide spec proofs for the reason mpv is better than other players because mpv is actually shit
>>
Once this is proved a success, then /g/ should transform itself into the latest kickstarter incubator
>>
We decided to embark on a new project to remedy the problems we saw in other media players already on the market. (Poor rendering, poor compatibility, etc.), Starting from the solid foundation of the open-source mplayer, mplayer2, and mpv, we are now 90% complete with our Next Generation Video Player, with functioning prototypes in hand. Our current challenge is simply to add a proper User Interface (UI) to our player back-end. We've created an On-Screen Display (OSD), but it leaves so much to be desired that we decided we couldn't yet release it in this state, and none in the team have experience creating an interface that would result in an organic user experience.

dum dee dum...
>>
"There's no particular risk since we are already at a stage where we have something that is functional and in a somewhat usable state. (You can drag-and-drop a video into the player and it will play perfectly. You can seek, pause, etc., and it all works. You can even set up file associations so media will play automatically in NGV.) It's just the current interface doesn't really work like a user would expect. There's no right-click menu like there should be, and we're currently using a text configuration file that would take a 100 page manual to understand."
>>
>>51858967
* Oh yeah, basically I've now decided to steal baka mplayer.
>>
wait, do I need to attach my picture to this as a profile photo, or can I use anything?
>>
Well shit I need a credit card.
>>
Ok, put in for the PayPal MasterCard. Hopefully that will work once it comes in.
>>
>>51857294
We invented it years ago with the phone booth and nobody wants it anymore.
>>
I'll probably become an entrepreneur, but I have a business plan and I'd like for some comments. I've registered a company so I'm starting business soon.

So: People go to video rentals quite a lot. You don't have to buy the movie, you can just rent it. BUT: Books must always be bought from a store! So I'm going to start a book rental in my home town. Think about it, you don't have to pay out your ass for a book you're never going to use for anything after reading it, you can just rent it for a few weeks/months for a fair price!! I can't remember ever seeing a book rental store.

Comments, tips, ideas?
>>
>>51859814
No man ebooks are the future. Make a Steam but for books!
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.