[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you go by?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: hacker-hacking-dark-hoodie.jpg (955 KB, 2122x1415) Image search: [Google]
hacker-hacking-dark-hoodie.jpg
955 KB, 2122x1415
Hacker, Code-monkey, Coder, Programmer, Developer, Software developer, Software engineer

what do you call yourself? are there other names?
>>
"NEET"

well that's my bit. tip your waitress folks.
>>
>>51854816

xxDarkShadowHacker666xx
>>
script kiddy
>>
nerd/punk/fuck-up
>>
Scott.
>>
I go by dubs getter
>>
>>51854970
no, I do.
>>
File: Me.jpg (31 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Me.jpg
31 KB, 600x400
Code Artisan
>>
>>51854988
Ooohhhhhh sheeeit.

I go by bruce wayne bitch
>>
>>51855004
>browsing 4chan simply because it comes in black
>>
>>51854816
They call me hacker man but i refer to my self as steve
>>
itt shitposts.
my business card says software engineer but when a chick asks I say software developer.
>>
>>51855037
black is the new black despite /pol/
>>
Anonymoos
>>
chain smoking labkek alcoholic
[spoiler]double fuck c++[/spoiler]
>>
>>51854816
Usually people call me Dave. Sometimes David. It gets a bit wild sometimes.
>>
>>51854816
In a moment of unparalleled autism, I "realized" one day that people were assuming that I'm an awkward fuck when I tell them I'm a software engineer, so I decided that I'd either dodge the question or make something up.

After that, in a twist of fate surprising only to me, I realized that people were only assuming that I'm an awkward fuck because I AM an awkward fuck.

Nowadays I tell people that I'm a yoga instructor. No one's found out the truth because no one wants to go to one of my lessons.
>>
"fucking weeaboo"
dunno why
>>
"Hacker" - Security professional
>>
>>51855554
not sure if coincidence or just skid who tried to GET
>>
I am the hacker known as 4chan.
>>
>>51854816
My friends call me techie, I've never introduce myself as anything other than my name so
>>
>>51855000
Checked
>>
>>51855054
Use software engineer instead you cück, chicks dig engineers. "Hi Im some faggot software developer at beta squad, its a new fag company"
>>
>>51855054
>>51856101
I always tell women I'm an actor. It's a lie that becomes truth when I say it :^)
>>
File: american.jpg (20 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
american.jpg
20 KB, 500x334
Code Ninja Nipun of a thousand Java Pastes.
Fear me.
>>
hobbyist
>>
>>51854816
A good goy.
>>
>>51854816
I'm a skiddie.
I'm at a school that teaches me to be an obedient code monkey.
I just want to be better than a simple skiddie, I have life plan and don't really need a specific degree.
>>
>>51854816
my job title is unix systems architect, i guess that
>>
>>51854816
>what do you call yourself?
autistic
>>
>>51854816
DevEngOps
>>
The Immortal Masturbator
>>
Retail Assistant
>>
>>51857004
kek
>>
It's not 'hacker', it's GNU/hacker, or as I've started calling it, GNU+hacker
>>
I have asked my co-workers to call me Neo.
>>
Intern kid...
>>
I'm a code monkey with a focus on software development methodology. Basically, fuck ton of coding but while applying actual complex design concepts.
>>
proud otaku
>>
>>51854816
unemployed
>>
Big Fat Faggot
>>
I introduce myself as a software engineer.
I'm not graduated, but if I say "software developer" people assume I do telephone tech support
>>
>>51854816
Computer programmer.
>>
>>51854816
User :(
>>
>>51854816
flaky-2n

I have a skin condition called Sirius however I do exploit research and detection. I have been forced into having that tag.

Not to bad when I really do the work to earn it.
>>
I am skiddie. I must remain humble.
I am surrounded by illiterates. I have power over them.
They need me. My riced soykaf looks great.
But I am skiddie. I must remain humble.
Thanks to all of you makers who put tutorials on the first link of google.
I am skiddie. And I feel great.
>>
to employers - "freelance web developer"

more syllables = more work
>>
>>51857310
want to learn how to detect memory leaks using nothing but your programming skills.

Look in FE0x0002300x3 memory.

Learn that monitoring the intel emulator.
>>
>>51854816
I prefer 'Appointer of instruction"

leet MKU
>>
Before I tell you: you must know first that I am the most important engineer at my software company. I actually learned this one day when I tried to quit and everyone in the company started acting weird. At first I thought it was strange that no one was saying anything until the CEO called me up 2 days later at 3 am and he explained everything: "you do realize that you are the only person who ever understood [x, y, z] modules and that you now maintain and control so much of the code base that our ability to respond to any customer problems would essentially drop to the point where we would no longer be competitive." It was 3 am so I had no fucking idea what the normie was saying but I decided to ask for a raise "givme tree fiddy in btc and buy me free chicken tendies every day for lunch" the CEO didn't even flinch so I decided to see how far I could push this: "at the office from now on I will dress however I like and everyone must address me as king neckbeard. In fact, I what that to be my official title in the company" and I hung up.

The next day I turn up at the office dressed as a royal king. The receptionist meekly greets me as I check in. Satisfied with myself, I walk to my larger office where the chrome title plate reads "king neckbeard." I wish I was making this up but my new job as king just started today and I've got bugs to crush.
>>
I am anonymous. Expect us.
>>
I'm a professional anime debater.
>>
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as "hacking", is in fact, "cracking". In June 2000, while visiting Korea, I did a fun hack that clearly illustrates the original and true meaning of the word "hacker".

I went to lunch with some GNU fans, and was sitting down to eat some tteokpaekki, when a waitress set down six chopsticks right in front of me. It occurred to me that perhaps these were meant for three people, but it was more amusing to imagine that I was supposed to use all six. I did not know any way to do that, so I realized that if I could come up with a way, it would be a hack. I started thinking. After a few seconds I had an idea.

First I used my left hand to put three chopsticks into my right hand. That was not so hard, though I had to figure out where to put them so that I could control them individually. Then I used my right hand to put the other three chopsticks into my left hand. That was hard, since I had to keep the three chopsticks already in my right hand from falling out. After a couple of tries I got it done.

Then I had to figure out how to use the six chopsticks. That was harder. I did not manage well with the left hand, but I succeeded in manipulating all three in the right hand. After a couple of minutes of practice and adjustment, I managed to pick up a piece of food using three sticks converging on it from three different directions, and put it in my mouth.

It didn't become easy—for practical purposes, using two chopsticks is completely superior. But precisely because using three in one hand is hard and ordinarily never thought of, it has "hack value", as my lunch companions immediately recognized. Playfully doing something difficult, whether useful or not, that is hacking.

Yet when I say I am a hacker, people often think I am making a naughty admission, presenting myself specifically as a security breaker.
>>
I tell people I'm a computer programmer. That's how I differentiate from duhvelopers who need 5 Visio diagrams, 7 meetings, and 13 pages of word salad scattered across SharePoint to ado 2 fucking integers together.
>>
>>51858069
I mean add. Thanks Android duhvelopers!
>>
>>51857337
are you rusing me?
>>
>>51854988
Hitler gets
>>
File: unix-magic-poster.jpg (155 KB, 977x1488) Image search: [Google]
unix-magic-poster.jpg
155 KB, 977x1488
computer wizard
>>
>>51854816
Digital creative
>>
File: intel-nuc-i7-logos1-1500x1000.jpg (338 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
intel-nuc-i7-logos1-1500x1000.jpg
338 KB, 1500x1000
What do you guys think about those intel nuc's? I'm thinking about buying one (probably i3), so my parents can watch youtube and some hd movies on their TV.

It's kinda pricey for what it does, but I fear I'm not able to build something so small with comparable stats for less. The compute sticks that are around aren't really good enough for the job and my parents won't accept anything that looks like a computer for aesthetic reasons.

Do you know any other options? Those other barebone brands seem kinda stupid.
>>
>>51860263
god damn wrong thread, so sorry guys.

Btw. I call myself Software Developer, because that's what my actual Job title is at my company. I think many people really have no clue what that means.
>>
>>51854816
>data wizard
>>
Coder :)
>>
King Joe
I lord over my domain.
Pun intended.
>>
>>51857819
we are lebin
>>
"that one guy who uses linux"
>>
I Am The Hacker, 4Chan
>>
applied computer science student
>>
shitposter
>>
>>51854816
xxIFuCkedurmom22xx
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.