[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why can't we go back to 2006-2008? im going to cry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 2006-2008.png (3 MB, 1566x1100) Image search: [Google]
2006-2008.png
3 MB, 1566x1100
why can't we go back to 2006-2008?
im going to cry
>>
shit nigga
>>
>>51854064

>tfw trying to use vista but no sufficient ram
>tfw amd opteron single core with 512mb ram
>I thought 1 gb was overkill
>>
>>51854064
Nostalgia puts a filter over your memories. Just try to see all the cool shit that we have now in the way of games and computing. I'd say that right now is a pretty damn good time to be a tech enthusaist
>>
>>51854104
if you have de moniez
everything good was free or cheap
>>
File: 67711416.jpg (171 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
67711416.jpg
171 KB, 1024x768
>you will never open cs1.6 and see hundreds of full servers ever again
>you will never get hundreds of kills using aimbot while listening to all the little kids cry on mic
>>
>>51854104
I collect old shit and I still see things this way, in 2006-2008 I was stuck on a mobile Pentium 4 and later a low-end Merom Core 2 Duo.

Now if I want to go back to that era I can acquire bleeding-edge high end hardware for next to jack shit and enjoy a nearly unlimited library of games and applications that will all run without a hitch.

But this shit >>51854137 will never come back. ;_;
>>
Here it is AGAIN.

>80s fags: 80s were best decade!
>90s: 90s were best decade!
>2000s: etc.
>every single 5 year group: EVERY OTHER 5 YEAR GROUP WAS SHIT!

nostalgia is funny when people won't or can't go back in time to experience how shitty their life was, since it can make even parental abuse and shit like that seem positive. I know a ton of retrofags irl and every time I mention emulators it's like they're going to drop a load in their pants right there

>Ummm that's okay anon... I uh, played it recently! Yeah.
>boot it up
>ANON... EMULATORS ARE ILLEGAL... YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW....
>sees title screen and playing for 5 minutes with bad controls sees how it was shit the whole time
>HAHA I'M GONNA GO OVER HERE FOR A WHILE...

you may notice earlier in this post I used the word "funny" to describe nostalgia, that was sarcasm because it is actually turbo hyper sixth stage cancer wherein losers pine for "lost" shit they deep down know was, is, and forever will be a complete turd.
>>
File: 1447132257428.jpg (11 KB, 264x249) Image search: [Google]
1447132257428.jpg
11 KB, 264x249
>>51854206
>he's still here
can't make this shit up
>>
>>51854137
Have you tried CS:GO? Still not the same freedom you get from something like 1.6, but it's still got that valve-y source game feel, and it works natively on Linux. Sorry for shilling and/or being really /v/
>>
>>51854226
Yeah I have it but I can't really get into it. I loved CS: Source though.
>>
>>51854206
never seen this pasta, its not that good tho desu
>>
>>51854137
eastern-european countries still play cs 1.6
>>
>>51854386
AKA non humans
>>
>>51854064
>Cho/V-tech kicking in was 2007
>>
>>51854064

I think Gunbound is still around. Might be pay2win wall or two now. Haven't played in YEARS..
>>
>>51854244

I'm the same way. I liked 1.6, but was heavy into Source. Couldn't get into Go. Maybe the next installment?
>>
>>51854727
and tf2 was better before the freetards and the hats
>>
I redownloaded maplestory around a month ago just to see what it's like now, it's turned to complete shit

Even more p2w than before with like 12 different ways to upgrade items, plus leveling became so easy they raised the cap to 250 and added a bunch of shitty op skills

Fuck man, what I'd give to play old school ms again
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.