[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I'm sorry, but I'm not as smart as I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (428 KB, 446x458) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
428 KB, 446x458
Hey /g/, I'm sorry, but I'm not as smart as I thought I was. CS & CE are too hard for me, specifically math, I can't do Calculus, I just can't, and I don't want to risk failing it again, so I plan to switch majors.
What is the next best major someone with a passion for computers but not enough math knowledge can pursue?

Thanks!
>>
>>51853797
women's studies
>>
>>51853797
>Passion for computers

What does this even mean? Can't do math, go IT/SysAdmin/Networking/Security etc.
>>
>>51853810
I want to contribute to society though.
>>
>>51853797
nuclear engineering
>>
>>51853797
You can do hardware or networking. I don't know what you call those majors on your country though.
>>
>>51853819
Then go to the instructor's office hours every day until you're able to stumble through calculus.
>>
>>51853797
Calculus is easy shit to anyone whose worth a damn, it's taught in fucking high school

I'm always surprised when I meet someone who's really into something that normies don't fuck with but also lacks intelligence, maybe because the two often go hand in hand

Just how shitty is your life OP?
>>
>>51853797
See if they have an Informatics degree. It's like CS lite. You still have to do calc though
>>
Study Information Systems and Tech or if there is major for this at your uni you can go Business and Public Administration with a concentration in Systems and Tech.
>>
>>51853797
GIS bro. You need an independent portfolio to go with your schooling, but its a good field
>>
>>51853797
Listen, OP.

The shitty math class that you're stuck in right now is meant to be stupidly hard. These are called weed-out classes for a reason. I failed Calc and Linear Algebra and had to retake them, but I made it through just fine.

Once again, these classes are meant to be stupidly difficult. Just put in a little extra time and take advantage of whatever resources are available to you. Go to the tutoring or homework help room. Go to office hours, even if you just have a really small question about one note that you took that you were confused about or whatever. Of course, go to every class and discussion section.

You can do it OP.
>>
>>51853797
IT, fucker. That's what you should have gone to begin with! CS and CE have nothing to do with computers; they just use computers to accomplish their job. Most software or hardware engineers HATE computers. They get in the way.

IT is actually about computers, and it doesn't require any math at all.
>>
>>51854172
> computer engineering has nothing to do with computers

Spotted the retard
>>
Everyone can do calculus these days with exercises on khanacademy.com . With hints and wvideos when you get stuck
>>
Get a private tutor
>>
>>51854172
don't listen to this person
>>
>>51853797
Calculus I was such a great class, I took it twice. Calculus II must have been even better because I ended up taking it three times.

Now I'm a software engineer and get paid to do what I love all day.

Talk to your advisor before you take your life in a completely different direction. For computer stuff nobody really cares that much about GPA if you're good. If mine had been any lower, I'd have been kicked out. You can do it.
>>
>can't do calculus
Flip burgers
>>
>>51853797
when you take calculus, how much do you study every night? Or do you just cram right before the test? The trick to passing math classes is to do the former
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.