[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't use Windows on my personal computers, but I am required
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: shutterstock_221508442-970x546.jpg (50 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_221508442-970x546.jpg
50 KB, 970x546
I don't use Windows on my personal computers, but I am required to use Windows 7 for work. On rare occasions, I do need to access personal documents and accounts through my work PC. As a result, I am somewhat concerned about the supposed privacy-infringing updates that Microsoft has pushed to Windows 7, and I would like to avoid them.

I've freshly installed Windows 7 on the system, what should I do about the Windows Updates? Are the some I should install, and some that I shouldn't?
>>
>>51852109
Install gentoo
>>
>>51852109
If you're using a custom image provided by your company, it's most likely properly sanitized and will only communicate with your company's network, which will deploy updates and such.
>>
Microsoft doese,t care about your shit
>>
>>51852109
Easy, stop using corp resources for personal work. They are probably monitoring more of your activity than Microsoft is.

source, corp IT guy.
>>
>>51852170
YES
THEY
DO
>>
> what should I do about the Windows Updates?

open up msconfig and turn it the fuck off.
>>
threads like this are so cute because the retard tools on /g/ actually believe it is real.

FACT: anything on your 'work pc' (aka: your parents computer) is legally accessible by your work, and any network transmissions done on their network is 100% in control by them.

this shit is even funnier because if anyone ever looks through those fucking garbage battlestation threads you would see that 95% of the posters all live with their parents, making threads like this even bigger failures
>>
>>51855079
They really, really don't. To think a company as big as Microsoft cares at all about you, specifically, is incredibly arrogant.
>>
>>51855180
The concern is not that Microsoft is directly interested in you, it's that they are funneling information about you to their advertisers.
>>
>>51852109
>people say i'm autistic being this paranoid
>being this retarded thinking microsoft wants to look at pics of your shitty family
>>
>>51852109
Install tinfoil, simply wrap around head and form into hat.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.