[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE GIMP WEBSITE HAS BEEN HACKED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
http://registry.gimp.org/
>>
>>51850065
Free software died today.
>>
>>51850065
>freetards in charge of security

LM A O
>>
>>51850065
lol, once again, free software sucks. Good thing I'm using a mac made by apple who wouldn't fuck up like this.
>>
>>51850065
What does GIMP even mean? I only know the definition when something is somehow made less useful/powerful.
>>
>>51850065
Detected and actually dealt with.

If this was microsoft or apple the backdoors would be there for months, and nobody would know until after the fact.
>>
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#Hacker
>>
>>51850134
>damage control
>>
>>51850134
> backdoors would be there for months, and nobody would know until after the fact.
You mean exactly what happened here?

- The backdoors were there for years
- They only found out after someone used them to deface the site.

Sounds likes Freetards are actually the ones who can't into security.
>>
>>51850065
>hacking the website of gimp

>fucking GIMP out of all the things

Good god.
>>
>>51850210
>>51850235
>Implying they didn't upload exploit kits onto GIMP homepage and infect 6 million computers

smfh freetards really are neckbeard faggots
>>
>>51850279
brb, uninstalling GIMP
>>
>>51850210
GIMP secured it as soon as they detected it... this is a vastly different policy than Microsoft or Apple.

In security you want to know if you've been compromised so you can react accordingly. Security through obscurity = bad.
>>
>>51850122
the Gnu Image Manipulation Program
>>
>>51850122
GNU Image Manipulation Program
>>
>>51850210
This is why I always tell people to never install free software, only install software where you don't have access to the source code like chrome. Because I know its not made by a bunch of neckbeard faggots, it was made by professionals.
>>
>>51850414
so only use IE and safari
thanks for telling people to use shit things
most good closed source software uses open source code.
>>
fucking scum bags
>>
>>51850122
GNU is my pepper
>>
>>51850638
>open source
>good
nice meme
>>
>>51850704
lrn 2 read fagot

so chrome isn't good?
chromium makes up most of it, so it's mostly open source.
OSX is BSD+proprietary code, and more use it then other unix-like/based OSs
(i think) since vista windows is POSIX compatible (probably wrong on that though)
>>
So this explains why GIMP doesn't take a week to start now. Hackers uploaded their proprietary backdoored version and fixed the freetard programming while they were at it.
>>
>>51850105
Jennifer Lawrence is that you?
>>
>>51850279
>using webpages to download software
you winfags never cease to amuse me
>>
>>51851144
>downloading software
Mcfucking kill yourself.
>>
>>51851144
>doesn't know what an exploit kit is
>>
>>51850158
Good luck with anyone following that.
>>
File: c14.jpg (16 KB, 488x305) Image search: [Google]
c14.jpg
16 KB, 488x305
>>51850414
>This is why I always tell people to never install free software
>uses chrome
pic related

>>51850161
>damage control
>trying this hard
>>
>>51850158
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.en.html#PC
LOL: "The term “WC” has been suggested for a computer running Windows."
>>
>Due to a hack, the Registry has gone all static. No new uploads, comments, or the like are possible. We're working on a completely different solution and will notify you here once we have something (it's going to be a few days...)
>
>For existing content, please see the glossary
>>
>>51850122
green is my pepper
>>
File: 1277142591615.png (10 KB, 386x290) Image search: [Google]
1277142591615.png
10 KB, 386x290
why would you hack the harmless gimp website

fucking skiddies need gassings
>>
File: facepalm_implied.jpg (34 KB, 646x501) Image search: [Google]
facepalm_implied.jpg
34 KB, 646x501
GIMP? Really?
>wtf guise...
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.