[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody recognise this case? Found it for cheap, might put a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: $_57.jpg (211 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
211 KB, 1195x1600
Anybody recognise this case?
Found it for cheap, might put a mini itx build in there, or micro atx.

Just need to figure out roughly what it can fit first, mostly power supply, I'll post a pic of the rear as well.
>>
File: $_57-2.jpg (250 KB, 1195x1600) Image search: [Google]
$_57-2.jpg
250 KB, 1195x1600
>>51842445
>>
Can't say I do, but it looks delightful.
Uniform and sleek with no goofy shit.
Where'd you find it?
>>
>>51842515
I haven't actually bought it yet, just listings on eBay, its only 25 bucks so I might just buy it and find out, airflow will be the only issue, so I might have to drill some holes in the bottom to mount fans, and maybe holes at the bottom of the bezel.
>>
>>51842445
>>51842458
I think its all ATX, atx mobo and ATX power supply, anyone else care to weigh in? This is just from eyeing it up though, seven expansion slots, same as is on my ATX case, compared to the io and the expansion slots the psu looks roughly the same size as my current one.
>>
>>51842445
It's ATX compatible, but good luck mounting a modern CPU cooler in there with the way the power supply is placed.
>>
>>51842445
If you're going to buy something that old and bland looking, you might as well just scrap some Pentium 4 thing. Don't say you don't have access to one, because I know you do, everyones got them sitting around.
>>
>>51844094
Maybe he could watercool it.
>>
File: 41y9XSjx4gL._SY300_.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41y9XSjx4gL._SY300_.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>51842561
Obviously the main issue will be heat.
You can probably drill bottom holes for a series of 120mm fans, just make sure they clear the motherboard. If you're lucky you can mount a Micro ATX board and you should have room leftover to install a fairly thick radiator. Remember to install some rubber feet on the bottom the case to give it breathing room if you do go this way.

You'll need a place for all that air to go. On this you're a bit more limited. You can use expansion slot blowers like pic related, or you can install a 120mm fan into the front 5.25" bays vertically.
>>
I got a bitfenix comrade for 35€. Great case, low price, simple looks. What more? Don't buy this ancient piece of shit
>>
>>51845217
cool story bro
>>
>>51844201
/thread
>>
It's just a basic ATX case from the nineties

Don't buy it and here's why:
>ugly (subjective I guess)
>PSU sits on top of CPU socket, limits cooler options
>no front I/O
>probably noisy and still not conducive to proper airflow
>>
>>51842445
Yes, its called this shitty case v1.

In all fairness it looks like an old prebuilt case.
>>
>>51842445

Looks like the PC i had 15 years ago
>>
>>51846146
>ugly
Thats sort of the point. It's a sleeper system. It's supposed to be deceptively outdated looking.
>>
File: DSC_7480.jpg (1 MB, 2240x1488) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7480.jpg
1 MB, 2240x1488
>>51847594
It's also expensive, I just bought a much more recent case for 5 eur
>>
>>51842445
Let me give you a more balanced post.

YOU can still use this type of case but you're going to have to purchase a low profile or rackmount heatsink/fan. The ones for the intel xeon processors will work on the i7's with no problem. you'll also be able to utilize an 80mm fan in the front and you can purchase a 5" standard fan that will mount into the CD bay and usually those fans are 140mm so you'll have plenty of air flow regardless. Just be creative.

those rackmount heatsinks can get real noisy, the fans typically spin between 4,000-5,000 rpm, buy a fan controller if it doesn't utilize a 4 pin fan connector.

I used an old Dell Dimension t433 case and packing a power supply and all my items were a tight fit. Thank god for Samsung making their Evo drives run cool. e-SATA ports also help if you need additional storage.
>>
>>51844094
>>51844308
I could watercool it, but i have a very low profile noctua cooler handy it sits below the height of the io shield so it will be fine.

>>51844201
I actually dont, at least not a small one, and this is only 25 dollars, so its no loss.

>>51844654
I'm going to drill at least one space for a 120mm in the bottom, possibly 2 if space allow, i'd rather not drill on the side or top panels, but I will if I have to, I intend to drill in the underside of the front bezel and mounting a fan in the front as well.

If i can figure out a way, ill also mount a fan in the spare pci slot covers.

>>51846146
It's for rice, and exactly what >>51847594 said, ill be painting all the inside black and leaving the outside plain, as well as applying dampening foam if temps are acceptable.

I can already deal with the cpu cooling.

>>51849480
Thanks for the tips, I may end up removing the 5.25 and 3inch bays just to clear up space, funds allowing in the future ill mount a radiator there if I can get some good airflow coming in the front. Going to mount the ssds behind the mobo tray, and ill drill holes to mount the hdd to the bottom of the case at the front, screwing in from under the case.

Also going to add some feet to the bottom to get it off the ground to allow airflow from underneath.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.