[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm trying a hacker admission for which I need to frikin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: octocatninja.jpg (65 KB, 896x896) Image search: [Google]
octocatninja.jpg
65 KB, 896x896
So, I'm trying a hacker admission for which I need to frikin bruteforce a frikin hash.
To my understanding in uni, these types of hash codes are irreversible, the only info given is:

no salt
bcrypt
english or greek

am i fucked?

help much appreciated:

$2y$11$cfRQoaOFiJKUDtVjPH50xu.dFwwyFPAOZ41e8kUqftEXFjKfVWPoq
>>
File: huRCkfR.jpg (55 KB, 563x363) Image search: [Google]
huRCkfR.jpg
55 KB, 563x363
>>51839603
>hacker admission
>bruteforce
Anon, I'll be sincere with you. You're probably about to join a group composed of human beings that are really really autistic.
I know what you're thinking:
>I'm autistic as well, so I could blend in
No anon, no. They are not functional autistics, they are retarded tier autistics.
>>
>>51839656
>They are not functional autistics
They are imperative autists? :^)
>>
>>51839656
I know it seems like a teenage crew admission thing but no, its for a job...
>>
>>51839656
so you dont know how to anon?
>>
>>51839603
bump
>>
>>51839603
>no salt
Do you even know how bcrypt works?
The salt is mandatory and it is cfRQoaOFiJKUDtVjPH50xu
Or do they mean that if the password is cat the has isn't calculated on cat25421431bbjjg?

Anyway bcrypt has been made to be bruteforce resistant. Sorry, I think that your best bet would be to get some cluster servers and hope to achieve something with dictionary/rainbow tables.
>>
>>51839871
>$2y$11$cfRQoaOFiJKUDtVjPH50xu.dFwwyFPAOZ41e8kUqftEXFjKfVWPoq
if i'm not mistaken, isn't the salt here just 11
>>
>>51839885
$11 is the cost factor.
>>
>>51839885
or maybe you're right. I don't remember how it works, sorry.
>>
>>51839904
>>51839930
you are correct, http://www.martinstoeckli.ch/hash/en/hash_bcrypt.php

good luck OP could take you months
>>
>>51839871
thanks a bunch guys, ive tried using dictionaries and still no luck, im trying only alphanumeric ones though...
>>
>>51840009
maybe you can cheese it and try to figure out what
>english or greek
means
>>
>>51840021
only context or tips were those, fuck me, perhaps the answer is just tat, it cant be done in less than months...
>>
>>51839693
you
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.