[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did smartphones ruin social human interaction?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: iStock_000026788233Small.jpg (588 KB, 849x565) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000026788233Small.jpg
588 KB, 849x565
Did smartphones ruin social human interaction?
>>
No.

They did ruin online interaction though, filled the internet with normies.
>>
>>51836694

No I interact with my electronic devices better than ever now.
>>
>>51836720
This x1000

The internet was glorious throughout the 2000s until these fucking normies were able to browse on their fucking phones since most of them couldn't always be bothered to go to a desktop or laptop.
>>
I've been reading Aziz Ansari's book Modern Romance and it's written with a sociologist about how disruptive new technology has been in the social and dating scenes.

But yeah, smartphones and the Internet ruin social interactions. Nobody talks, meets up, communicates, or connects anymore. At least I got 4chan on my phone though.
>>
>>51836731

So what is it about normies that ruined your life exactly? Lack of acceptance towards beastiality? Pedophilia? Not as much cursing?.
>>
>>51836747
The influx of normies everywhere on the internet lead to mass commercialization of alot of things now, especially JewTube
>>
>>51836731
Not just that but the rise of sites that connect things as well.
In the 2000's everyone went to a lot of different sites and explored what was out there. Now you only have to go to a few sites and you get more information that you want to deal with.
>>
>>51836731
Reddit.
>>
>>51836747
Normies have surprisingly undiverse interests, and are easily exploited by clickbait and advertising, turning the internet into an advertising clickbait shitfest.
Of course ads were still around before normies, mostly annoying popups and such, but now ads are integrated into the internet rather than being a surface phenomenon.
>>
Twitch did.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.