[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Linux distro?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2000px-Tux.svg.png (458 KB, 2000x2320) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Tux.svg.png
458 KB, 2000x2320
Lol I know I'm gonna get railed on for asking this but what's the best linux distro that installs with ease?

Not looking for Ubuntu, Arch, Debian, or Mint
>>
>>51836381
TempleOS
Gentoo
FreeDOS

Fedora and Suse install pretty easy and i think CentOS may be pretty painless as well, but don't quote me onthat
>>
>best distro that installs with ease
Ubuntu, mint or debian. Why exactly don't you like those?

I can't imagine that you'd know what you're doing considering this post enough to have actual opinions on distros. Normally that kind of taste comes a lot later into using linux.
>>
>>51836381
Fedora? Check out different spins, you'll get options for your default DEs after fresh install. Just add RPMfusion repos if you need something that isn't found on fedora repos and you're set. Strong points for the distro are upgradeability(fedup actually works, which apparently hasn't always been the case for upgrading some other distros), fresh, upstream packages and it's backed by Redhat so the distro isn't that likely to go under, and if you work with servers some of the stuff is going to end up in RHEL/CentOS(which is community maintained distro compiled from RHEL sources, without the support or copyrighted material).
>>
>>51836381
mint but only after you've struggled your way through arch so that you appreciate what mint is.
>>
>>51836381
they're all the same you fucking retard
>>
use tails

doesnt even require an install
>>
Fedora
>>
>>51836381
Linux From Scratch, you'll thank me down the road
>>
Lubuntu
>>
Xubuntu

> easy to use and has software center
> no bloat
> xfce is the best DE these days
> lightweight without being ugly
> not used by edgy neckbeards
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.