[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Korean Monitor Thread:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1440p_120hz_ips-300x252.jpg (17 KB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1440p_120hz_ips-300x252.jpg
17 KB, 300x252
I've been in the market for one of the cheap 1440p monitors.

The Qnix QX2710 evo II seems to be pretty good and the single imput version overclocks to about 110hz
>is there any difference between the SE and standard version of this monitor?

Qnix has also released a new 24" QHD2410 monitor, but I cannot find very much information on it
>does this monitor overclock without frame skipping?
>is the 8ms response time on these going to cause issues?

Post any experience you have with these monitors, or alternatives to them!
>>
I have a qx2710, matte. OCed to 96hz with 0 issues. Over all love it. Contrast could be better... if you don't mind a little DIY you can improve it a little. But if you don't want to spend more go for it.

Get a single input model, the other models won't OC as well. "SE" models are fine I think, but I think they are PWM, if that bothers you (I can't tell). Don't know about QHD2410, but it looks like it has multiple inputs, so probably can't OC.
>>
>>51827647
I have never used a montor that uses PWM, so I`m not sure how it would effect me.
The SE ones clame to overclock better, but i`m not sure if it's just marketing.
The 2410 is exactly what i`m looking for size wise, but i'd love to hear if it can OC
>>
>>51827720

Well, I have a 24'' monitor next to it, physically, there is not much difference between 24'' and 27''.
>>
>>51827828
I`m using a 23 currently and I feel like 27 would be like having a tv on my desk
>>
>>51828219
think about it, its 4'' more diagonally, so less than that wide.
>>
>>51828542
i might just go for it then. The single input one is only $225 on amazon today.
>>
>>51827499
thanks for the thread OP. I have a few questions myself

so for the Qnix 2710 there are two editions
>Pls overclockable with DVI input
>AH-VA stuck at 60hz with displayport and 10bit color panel

I've heard that the second version has horrible input lag. is this true?
>>
>>51827647
Same for me, but with the X-Star.

Totally worth it, although overclocking will break HDCP for AMD users, which may force you to use software rendering for some internet video.
>>
>>51828886
is there a way to enable overclocking only on the launch of a game? like I'd want to keeop 60fps for vsync on games that wont run faster than 60fps anyways but for UT, CSGO, any FPS, etc I want to have it run at 96hz. When making that a custom resolution can I have that only enabled upon launching the game the same way that it handled downsampling right now?
>>
>>51828927
Some games force 60 Hz, others have an option, but I haven't seen a clear way to set that on-launch. I bet there's a tool somewhere. That said, why would you go back to 60 Hz on desktop use after using something better?
>>
>>51829076
for better color accuracy. I've seen the benefit toi desktops but I dont really need 96hz window movement. it doesnt provide any extra functionality like it does in games
>>
just saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eoPC3u8hvY

Atron Vision AVQ270S 27" WQHD LED Monitor
>>
>>51828848

There is no reason to get the second version. 10bit color is meaningless on non-professional monitors.
>>
>>51829103
You can re-calibrate it, you know. I've got mine set up fairly well with constant 96 Hz.
>>
>>51829141
ok thanks.
>>51829171
gotcha. The thing is though, even with my 290x, I don't think I could maintain a constant 96fps at 1440p. Only 60 on big games like Witcher 3 and GTA V so I'd need the display to cap the refresh rate and vsync at 60hz
>>
>>51829310

You don't need to get 96fps to take advantage. Higher refresh rate helps a lot for lower FPS. If you're running ~45-60 fps 96-120 hz is going to look much better. From 30-59fps on 60hz, you still have ~33ms frames (2 frames), while at 96hz that's only ~21ms.

I have a 290, and get ~50fps in tw3 at 1440p. This can jarring at 60fps, but looks smooth at 96hz, similar to 60fps constant.
>>
>>51829452
oh huh, didn't know that. thanks
hopefully I get it for christmas. the thing is though when you're 22 parents and grandparents start cheapening out on you lol. well if I get it I'll OC it and correct the color profiles. thanks for the info
>>
Is $270 the best price for the Evo II or is there a better price?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111364284557
>>
>>51830560

Do you know you're linking the multi/10 bit one? It can't OC...

I bought my single input matte one last year for $300, the glossy ones are cheaper. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't any cheaper now, or even more expensive due to the popularity.
>>
>>51830661
Is the version that you can OC the one with 8ms response time?
>>
>>51830661
Is this the one that you can OC?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311421337852
>>
I really need new monitors, mine are dying.
What's a good monitor with 1440p or above and at least 120hz?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.