[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online store
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151211_120817.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151211_120817.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Looking at taking the head shop I manage online. Trying to get an idea of how much a working online store would cost me. I realize that a domain name can be quite expensive in and of itself but I am trying to find out roughly how much I'm gona have to pay someone to do this/is it something someone with no background in Web design is capable of doing via online guides? Any advice or knowledge would be awesome
>>
File: salad.png (372 KB, 467x347) Image search: [Google]
salad.png
372 KB, 467x347
>>51809005
Could have sworn those were bad dragon dildos
>>
you can do a large part of it yourself with no experience but it gets more complicated.

Random question, are you from miami?
>>
Getting a Web designer can be worth it and might end up easier to maintain than some newbie shop. But you could probably make some WordPress shop relatively easy
>>
>>51809005
>I realize that a domain name can be quite expensive in and of itself
That's going to be at most 0.5% of the cost.
>>
>>51809005
those bubblers are a lil overpriced, bro.
>>
>>51809005

>use some random opensource (probably php) webshop, but remember to check its code quality
>get a designer design it
>buy a domain, it will be pretty cheap
>set up to use cloudflare free plan, it saves a lot
>buy some mediocre hosting that can host your site and can work with cloudflare
>>
>>51809005

Be careful with moving drug paraphernalia across state lines. Law enforcement can get a little pissy about it sometimes, depending on which state and whether an asshole notices you.
>>
>>51809384
Yes, sell them as vases or sculptures
>>
>>51809005
>realize that a domain name can be quite expensive in and of itself but I am trying to find out roughly how much I'm gona have to pay someone to do this/is

myth

if you have the know how it only costs about <$70 a year to run a basic bitch website

development can cost anywhere from $200-$25,000 if you outsource

just use wordpress, pay for a nice theme, and buy a ,com
>PAY FOR A NICE THEME SO IT DOESNT LOOK LIKE A COPY AND PASTED WEBSITE

that way you can constantly update products on the site, wordpress is easy enough for babies to use

also since your a headshop and i'm a pothead and a paid webdeveloper that does this on the daily heres a couple tips

>dont post all your fucking bubblers
that takes up a lot of fucking wasted space, no one wants to scroll past 300 pipes to see the estimated price on a bong sorry large water pipe.

take a group pic or two and list them as $25-$35, group up products
or whatever, the less bullshit on your website the better (plus we all know how to haggle at a headshop, prices are never exact)

theres a very fine balance between, giving your users no info, giving them too much, and giving them just enough to wonder into the store to ask questions

keep shit updated like monthly, but more than likely no one will give a fuck if you have a blog, just update your products, get a twitter for random store news

also create a facebook page for dat brand awareness (could also replace the twitter)
>>
>>51809384
It isn't paraphernalia unless it has residue in it. Otherwise it is just a fancy piece of glass
>>
>DRUGS
underage, eh op?
>>
>>51809042
This
>>
>>51809005
I legit thought those were horse dildos.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.