[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
qBittorrent: the biggest torrent meme /g/ has ever unleashed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: qbittorrent.png (49 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
qbittorrent.png
49 KB, 340x340
>2015
>stalling torrents
>having I/O errors
>having random "there is no disk in the drive" errors when using USB drives
>losing torrents if your PC shuts down unexpectedly
>losing settings if you don't close it properly
>having huge CPU spikes even when not torrenting anything
>randomly forgets your completed folder
>download speed randomly goes down because of the boost lib
>crashes explorer exe
>having a pig-disgusting UI

There are all things I have seen for myself or see people report on Github and the forum.

Does anybody else feel meme'd by /g/ when they actually used this piece of shit?
>>
>user error
there your meme thread is over
>>
>>51805767
>literally all 100% made up issues
gg wp 8/8 gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>51805787
>implying this is user error when the client does all this shit on its own
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>51805767
also
>crushing explorer
>>
>>51805767
are memes a meme?
>>
>>51805813
I mentioned that.
>>
Use transmission.
>>
>>51805793
lel
>>
>>51805836
Isn't Transmission coming to Windows soon?

Can't wait to try the official build.
>>
>>51805767
I get stalling torrents too.
>>
>>51805767
I use it because it's the only OS X client to have sequential downloading (of pieces of a single file).
Still annoying that they won't add an option to download anything more than the last piece of the file, would make it possible to stream .mp4 files almost immediately, for no reason other than they're cunts
>>
>>51805767
use Halite
problems solved
>>
>>51805767
why is this meme better than the others?
Torrent clients aren't just up to select the correct config settings?
>>
>>51805767
stay mad utorrent c.u.c.k
>>
>>51805948
Do you like having your torrents stall?
>>
LET IT GO OP
IT'S BEEN 3 DAYS
WE KNOW
IT CVCKED YOU WE GET IT
>>
File: henk_00.png (347 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
henk_00.png
347 KB, 500x384
>>51805802
It's not the client, it's your operating system and it's respective filesystem. I've never had any problems with qBT on GNU/Linux and EXT3/4.

All other problems with qBT are either PEBCAK, misconfiguration, or Windows-related.
>>
>>51805767
Works for me
>>
>>51805802
>>51805767

Y'all niggas gay as hell.
>>
It's a pretty solid client, but one issue still remains unsolved; if you decide to not download some directories from a torrent, it still creates them and all the subdirectories.
>>
>>51807290
What? This doesn't happen for me. What OS are you on?
>>
Tbh it really does not matter if your torrent is fucking your shut up unless you are on a private tracker which we know op isn't on so fuck em desu
>>
It tells you stalled when there is nothing available to download you luddite.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (4 KB, 120x116) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4 KB, 120x116
>>
>>51807364
It happens to people on private trackers as well.
>>
>>51807413
Except there is
>>
>>51805767
I've been using qbittorrent for ages and have had no issues whatsoever. I seed and download multiple large torrents on a daily basis.
>>
>>51810008
Liar
>>
>>51805767
The only time I've ever had trouble with qBittorrent is when NTFS drives are involved. On Linux with EXT4 it has worked great.
>>
>>51810008
>I've been using qbittorrent for ages and have had no issues whatsoever

On it's second day of use I tried to download that 133 GB CCS rip and it threw a fit.
>>
>>51810801
Haha
>>
You guys are weird. I've been using qBittorrent for years and the only issue I've ever seen was that one known libtorrent issue with extremely large torrents, but that seems to have gotten fixed at some point. Aside from that it's been flawless.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.