[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/, cnc machinist here. Saw this on my bosses desk and i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Sup /g/, cnc machinist here. Saw this on my bosses desk and i thought, would it be possible to use a ps4 controller in solidworks to view, rotate, and edit models?
>>
>>51801042
>>51801051
Great. Thanks.
>>
Somehow
>>
my dad works for solidworks. when i asked he told me to get a job. hope that helps.
>>
>>51801036
Look at setting up ps4 remote for PC and look for keymapping software, look at keystrokes for solid works and manually match them to the remote using the keymapping software, shit is not complicated
>>
>>51801200
Oh, i guess that would work. Thanks.
>>
a 3d mouse isn't a joystick, you'd need 3 analog sticks to cover the number of axis available on that 3d mouse controller, and that wouldn't be nearly as nice to use
not to mention you'd probably need to use both hands, which defeats one of the purposes of the 3d mouse (being that you can operate it with one hand, while keeping your other hand on a 2d mouse)

3d mice aren't expensive, i have a second hand spacepilot next to me which i got for $100, pretty much as-new condition
>>
>>51801502
ps. using the gyroscope/accellerometer (they make up the "sixaxis" part of ps3 and i presume also ps4 controllers) as controls in solidworks wouldn't be a good idea either
while they do cover the number of axis, they aren't really suited for anything besides gaming use
the gyro might be somewhat usable if you setup another button as a momentary toggle for it, but zooming/panning with the accellerometer would be... interesting, though that said, you could use the two analog sticks for zoom/pan, altogether still not as comfy as a single-control 3d mouse
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.