[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
drivers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: update-drivers-1.gif (37 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
update-drivers-1.gif
37 KB, 360x240
I am going to reinstall Windows.
I do not own a CD drive.
Is there an easier way to download all the drivers I need for my new installation that going Gigabyte, Nvidia, etc's websites and downloading them?
Any tool that automates it?
>>
Can't wait for Android desktop OS.
>>
>>51799739

WTF? The only driver you need is Ethernet, assuming yours is goofy.

Any mobo/chipset driver I've ever installed has been a retarded piece of shit that degraded performance.
>>
>>51799739
ninite? or slimware? can't remember
>>
>>51799772
>WTF? The only driver you need is Ethernet, assuming yours is goofy.
Ethernet does not work when fresh installed.
>Any mobo/chipset driver I've ever installed has been a retarded piece of shit that degraded performance.
You never use the driver disk that comes with your mobo?
>>
>>51799803
>Ethernet does not work when fresh installed.

Which is why I said you need an Ethernet driver if yours is goofy (i.e. not supported by a Microsoft standard driver). Only my latest motherboard, a MSI 970 "Gaming", with some goofball 3rd party port, has required it.

>You never use the driver disk that comes with your mobo?

Are you illiterate?

>Any mobo/chipset driver I've ever installed has been a retarded piece of shit that degraded performance.

Every single chipset/mobo driver I have EVER installed has been a piece of shit that adds nothing and usually introduces bugs or degrades performance. Their system monitoring software is always complete shit, and always has some bloated, hideous, weird Asian guy's idea of a user interface.
>>
>>51799836
So you're saying I shouldn't download any of this, and somehow my USB3.0 ports and shit will still work.
>>
>>51799914

Unless they're all fucky, yeah.
>>
>>51799932
>Unless they're all fucky, yeah.
I think you're full of shit because there are a ton of issues when I don't install those drivers, and I have reinstalled windows on this board many times.
>>
>>51799914
>somehow my USB3.0 ports will still work
>ETRON
son they never worked :(
>>
>>51799952
>I think you're full of shit because there are a ton of issues when I don't install those drivers, and I have reinstalled windows on this board many times.

So, in other words, YOUR SHIT IS ALL FUCKY. Jesus fucking Christ, how clearly do I have to lay this out for you? Yet again:

That's not some magical fucking guarantee that your piece of shit motherboard's chipset is going to be supported by the Microsoft default drivers. Holy shit, you retard.

Maybe buy better hardware next time.
>>
>>51800016
>Maybe buy better hardware next time.
This board was recommended heavily here during the Sandy Bridge days, newfag.
>>
>>51800023

As if that means anything to me, Dipshit McTarderson.
>>
>>51800049
>As if that means anything to me, Dipshit McTarderson.
It means my hardware is (more like was at this point) good, and you're a newfag, and you're a retard who doesn't install shit from your mobo manufacturer and relies on shitty generic drivers from Microshaft.

Fuck off back to /v/.
>>
>>51800023
>i listened to /g/
congratulations on your terrible decision
>>
>>51800073
>congratulations on your terrible decision
Considering the board has been nothing but great, I don't really see the issue.

Falcon's website on parts is usually very reliable in my experience. This was before Reddit, though, so newfags like you probably don't remember that before his site you had to sift through mountains of garbage on Tom's Hardware and other shit sites to get any info on electronics.
>>
>>51800068
>It means my hardware is (more like was at this point) good

Ha! Okay, let's take a look, shall we?

>Realtek
>Realtek
>Marvell
>Marvell
>Marvell
>Etron

What, exactly, is good about this board? Because I'm not seeing anything.

>and you're a newfag

So because I'm not a fan of some meme board that you fell for, I'm a "newfag"? I seriously hope you're in 8th grade to have a response like that.

> and you're a retard who doesn't install shit from your mobo manufacturer and relies on shitty generic drivers from Microshaft.

Let me just quote myself YET A-FUCKING-GAIN:

> >Any mobo/chipset driver I've ever installed has been a retarded piece of shit that degraded performance.

To spell this out for your pea brain: this has been my personal experience. The only driver you might NEED is an Ethernet driver, since after that you can download on an as-needed basis. The "shitty generic drivers from Microshaft" have always provided better actual performance, IN MY EXPERIENCE.

Now go do your homework, you have school in the morning.
>>
>>51800125
>What, exactly, is good about this board? Because I'm not seeing anything.
The only bad thing on that list is Etron.
>>
>>51800156

You're right, everything else is merely mediocre.
>>
>>51800186
>You're right, everything else is merely mediocre.
In 2015, almost 2016, sure.
>>
>>51800200

Forever. Realtek and Marvell always have been and always will be completely and utterly mediocre.
>>
>>51800200
realkek and marvlel have always been mediocre
>>
>>51800235
>Realtek and Marvell always have been and always will be completely and utterly mediocre.
What is better? Where are your benchmarks and statistics to prove that whatever alternatives you have are going to provide a tangible benefit?
>>
>>51800262

LOL

Get over it, you have mediocre hardware. It's fine.
>>
>>51800403
I see you have given up.

Okay.
>>
>>51799739
Just go through device manager, replace any drivers with explanations points, and any Microsoft basic drivers need to be replaced. Done.
>>
>>51800411

>Wah, educate me

We're not responsible for your ignorance.
>>
You should use driverscloud (it was named maconfig.com but they changed) really usefull
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.