[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft Edge’s JavaScript engine to go open-source >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Microsoft_Edge_logo_svg.png (38 KB, 946x1024) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft_Edge_logo_svg.png
38 KB, 946x1024
Microsoft Edge’s JavaScript engine to go open-source

>Today at JSConf US Last Call in Florida, we announced that we will open-source the core components of Chakra as ChakraCore, which will include all the key components of the JavaScript engine powering Microsoft Edge. The ChakraCore sources will be made available on GitHub under the MIT license next month.

>Chakra offers best-in-class JavaScript execution with the broadest set of ES2015 feature coverage and dependable performance, reliability, and scalability. We expect ChakraCore to be used wherever these factors are important, ranging from cloud-based services to the Internet of Things and beyond.

>We’re investing more than ever in improving Chakra, and are excited to team up with our community to drive further improvements. In addition to the public, several organizations have already expressed interest in contributing to ChakraCore—among many others, we look forward to working with Intel, AMD, and NodeSource as we develop this community.

https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2015/12/05/open-source-chakra-core/
>>
File: mfw9890.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mfw9890.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>51799202
Why not just go full open source? Freetards might actually improve it.
>>
File: (156 KB, 520x245) Image search: [Google]
156 KB, 520x245
>>51799912
>freetards
>improving anything
>>
Chakra outperforms V8 on several benchmarks.

I know it's a pipe dream, but maybe someday we can have a nodejs alternative that isn't completely infested with SJWs. Maybe Chakra is the future.

Doubtful.
>>
>>51799929
Open source browsers dominate the market. The only time most people use IE is when they are going to download another browser after turning their computer on for the first time.
>>
>>51799202
Moshilla is literally dead and finished now
>>
>>51800054
>The only time
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
>>
>>51799912
>Freetards might actually improve it.

More like companies might actually fork it and build a better browser than Microsoft ever could only to fill it with Google and Amazon ads.
>>
>>51800005
Spider monkey was always superior to V8 in pretty much every way. And? Shit doesn't matter, node is still the standard memetech this days.
>>
>>51800124
>MIT license
There's nothing to say that 'Soft won't merge changes into master.
>>
>>51799202
I hope Microsoft can do better documentation than Google at least. V8 is practically impossible to understand without reading through the source code.
>>
>>51800103
M'padawan
>>
EXTENSIONS WHEN GET ME OUT OF THIS CHROME/FIREFUCKS NIGHTMARE I NEED MY EDGE
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.