[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 6209x3655) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 6209x3655
Looking to determine my next phone and what 4chans opinion is on Samsung vs Apple. Looking to get a galaxy s6 or just an iPhone 6. Leaning Galaxy but some input would be helpful.
>>
Galaxy is fine, but you'll need to remove some bloat. Not as bad it used to be, but there's still some bloat.
>>
Galaxy note 4 is a solid phone and getting the note 5 isn't really worth it imo
>>
Nexus 6p
>>
the Galaxy S7 is coming out in 2-3 months.
>>
>>51795960
Judging by your choice, you seem to be going mostly for looks.

Problem is Samsung phones have amoled display, which won't last more than a few years. If you're sure that you're going to change your phone before 2-3 years, go with a Samsung.

But if I were you I'd wait for the next year. 2015 has been a mediocre year for smartphones, imo. No particular phone stands out as the best. It's all about trade-offs and preferences.
>>
>>51796843
>which won't last more than a few years
Rocking a note3 and it has no burn in, so as long as you are smart with the display and make sure to keep brightness under 50% for any extended use.
>>
>>51795960

LG V10
>>
>>51795960
What phone can I buy that will make me an overall happier person?
>>
>>51796923
none. find happiness in yourself.
>>
6s plus bruh, don't get a shitty manlet phone
>>
I ordered a Moto X Pure today since my Galaxy S4 finally crapped out. Cant wait til it arrives.
>>
>>51796932
so... get an iphone?
>>
>>51795960
>touchwizz
>>
>>51796883
Yeah, I know, but it sounds too limiting to pay top cash for a flagship and then have to make sure you always keep brightness under 50%. Kinda defeats the purpose of having that gorgeous display if you can't use it as you want.

If I had a choice to have a Note with an LCD screen and no glass back, I'd get the Note 5. The risks of getting display burn in and having the glass back get easily shattered stopped me from getting one.

I mean, if even Apple is investing lots of money into improving the longevity of oled screens, you know there's a real issue there.
>>
>>51797027
I've had the note5 for 4 months and it's the best god damn android phone i've ever owned to be honest.

The AMOLED meme is just bullshit to be honest, the burn in hasn't been anything to be overly worried about since the S2/S3 days, The S6 and Note5 panels are fine as long as you keep it on auto brightness and dont leave the screen on for like 30+ minutes on the same exact screen.

and even if you WERE to do that, it still wouldnt burn in significantly at first, it takes awhile. And further, when it DOES have burn in, it generally isn't noticeable. the only times I have seen burn in bad enough to actually notice is on display units which sit at 100% brightness all day for hours at a time.
>>
>>51795960
If you use your phone for texts and calls only and want people to think better of you get iPhone. Otherwise don't get iPhone. It's that easy.
>>
>>51795960
Looking to get a turd sandwich or a giant douche. what /g/ think?

>touchjizz
>crapple
>>
get an LG (G4 or V10)
Sony (Z3 or Z5)
or a Motorola (X Play or X Style)

stay away from Nexuses and new Samsungs. Kek tier shit.
>>
>>51798123
>Droid Turbo Maxx 2
tfw no Motox Play in Murica.
>>
Using a OnePlus X right now. Would recommend.

I wouldn't run anything without amoled. Who gives a fuck about the burn in meme, you really have to leave your phone on for extended time to do that, such as display units at stores for example.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.