[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So someone is emailing my sister claiming to be an old teacher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Computer.jpg (48 KB, 1048x625) Image search: [Google]
Computer.jpg
48 KB, 1048x625
So someone is emailing my sister claiming to be an old teacher of hers and asking to meet up with her, generally being a dick. Things got a bit out of hand and, to cut a long story short, this person has been reported to the police. How likely are they to track this person just from an email address? Will they be able to find out exactly who it is?
>>
>>51795107
yes emails contain the origin ip address in the header so you could match it to their home internet connection
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>51795429
From the email address itself or an actual email received from the individual?
>>
>>51795107
Lel, who knows? Leave it to the police?

Also, most police and court systems will be positively thrilled to deal with "someone generally being a dick", I imagine. The enthusiasm with which that case is pursued will probably be equal.
>>
>>51795107
When I was 14, I sent a female classmate a couple of erotic texts from some anonymous web-service. Nobody gave a shit. Just delete the mail and move on.
>>
Possible yes, but they won't even try because it's expensive and time consuming.
>>
>>51795464
PS: If the "being a dick" part is nothing more than explicit offers of a sexual nature, tell your sister to grow some balls and just ignore it.
>>
>>51795440
The actual email, the provider could have records of what IP used that address also.
>>
>>51795465
what the fuck?
>>
>>51795544
Teens are horny as fuck mate, how does that surprise you?
>>
>>51795544
Lel, he was 14? Have you been home schooled or something?
>>
My sister is considered a "vulnerable adult" and lives in an assisted living home for young adults with special needs, the police are taking it seriously. How likely are they to actually find him?
>>
>>51795735
>My sister is considered a "vulnerable adult"

I bet she is, being related to you and all.
>>
if you want to catch this guy reply back posing as her and arrange a meetup place. notify police of this meeting and they can be there waiting to take him in for questioning

it doesnt take a genius to have figured this out
>>
>>51796110
No shit...

I've tried this three times and each time he hasn't showed up. I think it's someone she went to school with being an asshole but obviously can't know for sure
>>
>>51796130

ok so how do you know he hasnt shown up? I thought you didnt know him so how do you know who to look for at the meeting place?
>>
>>51796130
Why don't you just create a filter in her email to block the shit? It's not that fucking hard
>>
>>51796170
Obviously he may have been there but not come forward, but nobody turned up at the specified meeting place when arranged
>>
>>51796188
No of course its not that hard but that's not the point, I just want to know how easy it is for the police to track this guy
>>
Being overprotective? Does your sister want to meet up with him?
>>
>>51796495
My sister doesn't have the mental capacity to fully understand the situation. The email address is blatantly fake and the person typing these emails is blatantly not a 65 year old teacher.
>>
>>51796350
Instead of wasting police resources you should just walk away from the problem like a real adult.
>>
>>51796552
Had he been a 65 year old man, would she be game? What do her feet look like?
>>
>>51796562
Her social worker has got the ball rolling on this, not me. They are legally obliged to report stuff like this for safeguarding reasons
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.