[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing Instruments
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: BK-450.png (1 MB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
BK-450.png
1 MB, 1800x1800
What kind of writing instruments do you use on a daily basis? As a line cook, when I do prep, I'm always writing lists for the day and crossing items off as I go, dating prep tubs, etc. I've found that pens with triangular grips are the easiest to use. What do you guys think?
>>
>>51789884
I used to care what I write with.
Now I sketch a lot and write a little bit on a daily basis (mechanical engineering).
Somehow I don't care anymore, I just use whatever.
>>
>>51789946
Do you do drafting?
>>
>>51790157
Yes, but it's done on computer.
I use hand operated writing technology for developing ideas, rough design calculations, etc.
>>
>>51790251
Cool. My mother used to do architectural drafting, so she still has all of her pencils and special tools. They're fun to use, but are impractical for daily use. Such is the lot of specialty stationary.
>>
Pilot G2 with a Mont Blanc refill master race
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (56 KB, 800x551) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
56 KB, 800x551
An 0.5 rOtring™ 500, because it's so much nicer to use than the cheap plastic ones, but doesn't cost too much either. And not nice to use because muh premium, but because it is designed to be written with, and won't miss function. Ever.
>>
>>51789884
Of all I've used, the uniball jetstream in 1.0mm is great. Smooth, bold and writes on damn near everything. It was the only thing that didn't stop working when marking on soft, dusty silicon molds.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 188x269) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 188x269
>>51791482
Pic related
>>
File: 16594282237_29b0aedd64.jpg (54 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
16594282237_29b0aedd64.jpg
54 KB, 500x333
I was helping my uncle cleaning out the house of his deceased uncle, the dude was some high ranked guy in the army some 40 years ago.
I got my hands on some drawing and writing stuff which was going to end up in the dump anyway and in there was a Lamy 27 fountain pen.
It was dried out but with some lukewarm water I got some ink residue flowing again and it writes real pleasant.

Fountain pens are technology too, right?

Anyway, I don't have a clue as to what kind of ink to get for such a pen, anyone care to point me in the right direction?
>>
>>51792754
Since it's an old pen, avoid Noodler's. I would go with Pilot Iroshizuki Kon Peki.
>>
In my daily rotation:
>uniball signo .38
>hi-tec C .4
>pilot juice .5
>sakura ballsign .6
For taking notes and sketching diagrams. Buying stationery supplies is probably the cheapest hobby I've ever had, and it makes going to boring classes much more exciting. Has anybody ever tried those campus notebooks?
>>
>>51793086
The ink looks really nice I have to give it that but is it really worth 35 euros?

Also, the filling mechanism of the pen is really interesting, I was surprised to find it still in working order, I didn't even know pens like this existed I kinda assumed they all used cartridges like the fountain pens you use in schools.
>>
>>51793299
I thinks it's worth 35 bucks, but I also use fountain pens, so my concept of value is flawed. You could also go with Lamy or Waterman inks. They won't be as good, but they're safer for use in a vintage pen. Always clean the pen between refills and try to avoid leaving ink in the pen.
>>
File: smug anime reaction image.jpg (21 KB, 396x392) Image search: [Google]
smug anime reaction image.jpg
21 KB, 396x392
these threads need a better home than /g/

>tfw captia is 404
>>
>>51789884
I was in town the other day with my lads and I saw these well nice pens for sale
I went to go look at them and my mates thought it was a joke
:(
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 551x267) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 551x267
>>51789884

I use Frixion pens almost everday.

They are perfect for notes.

When I need something permanent, I use Jetstream pens or my Lamy Al-Star.
>>
>>51793086

Iroshizuki is laughably overpriced in the U.S.
>>
>>51793299
>35 euros

Shit is under $10 here.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.