[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft gives a teaser of how Edge is gonna kill Firefox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: edge-extensions-support1.jpg (72 KB, 974x513) Image search: [Google]
edge-extensions-support1.jpg
72 KB, 974x513
Edge is much faster than Firefox. Soon, it's gonna have extensions too: http://www.ghacks.net/2015/12/10/microsoft-publishes-edge-extensions-page-accidentally/

It was no "accident". It was just a heads-up for Mozilla and its gold ceiling dwellers that it's time for them to find other ways to steal money from simpletons who will donate to anything.
>>
Edge is not faster

Nightly destroys Edge in performance
>>
>>51788264
coming to stable never
>>
>>51788254
Sounds great, I'll switch as soon as it shows up in the Debian repos.
>>
File: 1331524407492.jpg (80 KB, 443x388) Image search: [Google]
1331524407492.jpg
80 KB, 443x388
>>51788254
>Edge is much faster than Firefox.
>>
Perhaps it's just me but I get the feeling that anyone IT-literate will never, ever feel comfortable and safe using IE or Edge.
>>
Reminder that Edge is reddit certified browser.
>>
>>51788254
>win blows 10

You automatically lost
>>
>>51788281

Luckily enough for Microsoft the vast majority of their users aren't IT-literate
>>
>>51788329
Bullshit , anyone worth their salt keeps an open mind and tests shit before jumping to conclusions.

I'll give it a fair shake once add-ons are available. If it's any good, I might even roll it out for GPO integration.
>>
>>51788561
Was meant for
>>51788281
>>
>Edge getting extensions
>Firefox already has extensions
>Firefox is kill
>>
>>51788277
Chakra engine is going open source as Chakra Core. Wrap an interface around it and you basically have Edge.
>>
Considering that Firefox is already dead that's not really saying much
>>
>>51788652
that's because people want it to be kill

to be quite honest my fellow friends edge is fuckugly and not customizable
if I can make it work with all my firefox addons and look like my firefox, I will switch
>>
>>51788654
>js engine
>same as web engine
/g/ - asking geek squad to fix your computer makes you an expert at technology
>>
P A L E M O O N
A L E
M O O
N ! !
>>
>>51789038
F U R F A G
UR A FAG
REEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEE
You
>>
>youtube videos run smoothly and at 1080 60fps on Edge on my Acer toaster

>still no webm support

FUCK THIS LIFE
>>
>>51789122
Pretty sure that http://www.webmproject.org/ie/ works with Edge too.
>>
>>51788329
no
>>
>>51788254
And nothing of value will be lost.

Edge is actually implementing new (and relevant) features fast, just like Chrome.
Meanwhile, firefox... heh heh...
>>
>>51789215
Why did they bother listing Opera?
>>
>>51789190
as in the other thread, get out!
that piece of shit doesnt work and it doesnt either on your shit pc
>>
>>51789227
because Opera was a thing in M'lasia
>>
>>51789215
Great. Soon, we'll actually be able to use modern shit, without having someone from the team cry "WOULD SOMEONE PLEEEEEEASE THINK OF IE?!".

Transforms, Flexbox, Filters, Web components... I'm getting so close.
>>
>>51789264
>more slow leaky shit that serves only as infection vectors
>good
>>
>>51789215
Why is japan so ass backwards?
>>
>>51788254
Hopefully not. Microsoft is already too powerful in the enterprise and desktop market, we are in luck we can keep them contained in the phone and browser market and keep the whole IT world from shifting back into the dark ages of Microsoft literally everywhere.
>>
>>51789279
How are these things supposed to infect anything?

Flexbox layouts can be calculated a LOT faster than the hacky float clear layouts that people are used to.

Transforms and Filters are just display effects.

Web components are the final nail in the coffin of the jquery-cancer.
>>
>>51788254
no
>>
>>51788254

This is literally the stupidest thing Microsoft could have ever done.

>edge
>internet explorer icon
>>
>>51789348
>embedded viruses are good goy!
>>
Linux fags gonna fag.. HAHAHHAHAH Edge will always be superior you weebfagging neckbeards

PROPIETARY MASTERRACE
>>
>>51789378
Just kill yourself.
>>
>>51789445
>bad goy! how dare you dislike embedded virusese? Just kill yourself.
>>
>>51789348
He doesnt know what he's talking about.
>>
>>51788654
not really, Edge's HTML parser is super fuckin' dumb
It waits until the ENTIRE GODDAMN PAGE LOADS to let you start interacting with it.
It sucks for using any website that isn't Bootstrap-based for content generation via scrolling.
Basically 4chan + 2000 post threads don't mix.

Theoretically, Edge has the power to process and render 2000 post threads at the same speed as Chrome, but the fact that HTML parsing seems to be a blocking operation is a killer.
>>
>>51789496
>Bootstrap
>not sucking cocks
picl one
>>
>>51789283
Their government actually uses ActiveX via IE for some stuff for the people to use.
>>
>1995 + 20
>Firefox
>Single process

All of my keks
>>
>>51789515
>1965 + 50
>using the Unix/Windows process model

A sane OS would let you kill a tab without killing the whole browser process.
>>
>>51788254
>windows 10
I don't think speed matters that much, considering this is the special olympics of browsers.
>>
>>51788254
>gold ceiling dwellers
Seriously, stop being so fucking butthurt that some people have more money than you.
>>
>>51789674
That has nothing to do with the OS. The OS cannot control subsegments of programs without solving the halting problem and additionally solving strong AI.
>>
>>51788254
Nice, this also webm support soon and it will be perfect browser to move from firekek.
>>
>upgrade to windows 10 on my tablet
>use edge
>its faster
>try to swipe
>ntohing happens
>find out it doesnt have gestures
>cant swipe left to go back a page

the fuck.
>>
>>51788927
>if I can make it work with all my firefox addons and look like my firefox
kek
>>
Not until they open source it and can see what they are spying on
>>
>>51789215
Dat Mercator
>>
>>51789283
It's the only country in the world that is worried because Adobe has officially dropped support for Flash.

Go wonder.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.