[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone know of a way to test if a motherboard is dead for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2015-12-04-23-27-15.png (655 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-04-23-27-15.png
655 KB, 1080x1920
Does anyone know of a way to test if a motherboard is dead for sure? My computer won't post and I have tested the cpu, ram, hdd, and psu. Also, is there a difference between muh EXTREME $500 gaymen mobo and a $50 one?
>>
Aren't you the one who bought that meme keyboard?
>>
Seems like you've already trouble shooted and filtered it down to it being a Mobo problem. Only other thing I can recommend is ensuring you have a mobo speaker installed to listen to beep codes. My last guess would be your boards standard bios isn't compatible with the current CPU (ala some H87 boards not compatible with Devils canyon CPUs). Otherwise the only major differences are features, aesthetics, and support. That and VRMs / mosfets.
>>
>>51782609
I have speaker installed, and my setup was working before until I moved to a different case
>>51782600
Fuck off
>>
Have you tried a different psu? Sounds stupid but I've seen shit start up with a simple psu change. Shouldn't have to go through that but hey.
>>
Go away and take your gaymin gear with you
>>
>>51782711
I said I tested the psu
>>
>>51782812

You said tested not said tried a different one. I'm talking about even if this one works try a different one. Nevermind though.
>>
>>51782572
There is difference and it equals 450 dallas.
>>
Components on gaymer mobos are higher quality and tolerance for overclocking, BUT all technology components have premature failures and some happen more often than others. If anything purchasing a premium product and having it die encourages the manufacturer to support your repair or replacement since you're a higher vslue customer. Some companies have better correspondence and service than others. You just need to be concise and direct when trying to deal with warranties since it's likely that a human will be processing it instead of automation.
>>
>>51782910
So basically better cooling?
>>51782835
The setup worked before and the psu works. I don't see how a different psu would make it post if the psu works
>>
>>51782961
Not always cooling, but yeah they have heatsinks on mosfets and stuff because of voltages producing more heat/draw
>>
File: speccy-12-10-15.png (19 KB, 439x414) Image search: [Google]
speccy-12-10-15.png
19 KB, 439x414
>>51782572
the most expensive motherboard i've seen made by msi has their best audio components, and if i won the lottery i would use it to build a tower as my workstation.

if you're half computer literate you can learn to read and understand the specs of what you're looking to buy. i did little bits of research daily for 3 months before getting my current laptop that suits all my needs perfectly with absolutely no overkill. (heavy audio production, light vm usage, occasional gaming with my brothers, lightweight graphics processing)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.