[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weighing on the iphone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: iphoneWeighing.png (867 KB, 694x824) Image search: [Google]
iphoneWeighing.png
867 KB, 694x824
a few years ago you guys brilliantly got people to microwave there iphones
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2768976/Emergency-services-forced-step-iPhone-users-fall-internet-prank-explains-use-microwave-charge-phone.html

Ive just watched this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--pEW04hXVY

my question to you all is. Do you think you can convince people to jump up and down on there phones, as a means to weigh themselves?
>>
>>51773680
Yes but it eventually won't matter anymore because after they get thin enough you won't be able to make them any flatter.
>>
>>51773680
>Do you think you can convince people to jump up and down on there phones, as a means to weigh themselves?

No, but unlike the microwave thing this is a legitimate feature. The screen can measure pressure (weight).

People probably wont jump on their iphones though but the tech works.
>>
File: 1429222326659.jpg (25 KB, 430x702) Image search: [Google]
1429222326659.jpg
25 KB, 430x702
>>51773680
>dreidel
>>
>>51773680
Dude has insane creative talent
>>
>>51773680
Wait.

So instead of having a scales app, Applels use a game?
>>
>>51773680

>oregano, powdered sugar (with baggy of sugar)

Brilliant.

"Training mode" is also genius.
>>
>>51774174
The guy tried to upload an app that was just a scale and it was rejected by Apple
>>
>>51774174
As a phone manufacturer do you think you'd approve a "scale" app?

These are phones that retail new for $600-900...

You're on some drugs if you think they would allow an app that invited you to weigh objects on your phone... it invites trouble.

Phone screen would break when some dumbass weighs something like a 50 lbs weight on it and Apple would have to deal with it.
>>
>>51774241

It only weighs up to something like 40 grams (he says how much in the video, I forget). I have a micro-scale right here that only weighs up to some number of grams. Do you think that the scale manufacturer has to deal with a bunch of complaints due to people weighing 45 pound weights?
>>
>>51774241
I just tried standing on my phone (Note 3) and it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>51773680
>on there phones
who's the retard here?
>>
>>51774261
Yeah but those are like 100 dollars, nothing to lose desu.
Stand on a 900 dollar phone that your parents didn't pay for.

>>51774260
>scale
>designed to weigh things

>phone
>designed to make calls, texts and internet
Wow, I wonder why the scale can weigh things so good and the phone makes calls so good, it's almost like things have purposes.
>>
I was talking about this with a buddy when the 6s first came out. He argued that the 6s would become the drug dealer's phone of choice because the 3d touch would eventually allow for scale apps. On the go drug weighing. Bringing dealers to the 21st century.
>>
>>51774333
Point is:

If my Note 3 can take it (company phone, btw, didn't choose it myself), then so can an iPhone.
Just try it.
>>
File: 51AvnFYrfDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
51AvnFYrfDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>51774333
>Wow, I wonder why the scale can weigh things so good and the phone makes calls so good, it's almost like things have purposes.
>>
>>51774333
>Wow, I wonder why the scale can weigh things so good and the phone makes calls so good, it's almost like things have purposes.

That completely fails to address my question.
>>
>oregano
>powdered sugar
>>
>>51774260

Doesn't matter what it weighs up to. People would still try things like 5 lbs weights and such.

Point is, it's a phone, not a weight scale and was never designed to be one.
>>
>>51774374
Can confirm.

I weigh 106kg and my iPhone 6 took that easily.
>>
>>51774442
>Doesn't matter what it weighs up to. People would still try things like 5 lbs weights and such.

Again, do you think the manufacturer of my micro scale has that problem?

>Point is, it's a phone, not a weight scale and was never designed to be one.

It's a phone. Okay, so I'll stop browsing the Internet, taking pictures, or using any of the onboard sensors for things like a compass, temperature, barometric pressure, etc.

It's a phone, after all.
>>
>>51774471
>Again, do you think the manufacturer of my micro scale has that problem?
Yes, scales have weight limits.
I own like 5 digital scales, they will all break if I put too much weight on them.
>>
>>51774471

Fuck no I dont, the people that buy micro scales usually are not stupid and have a specific purpose in needed a micro scale.

Do you think that kylie jenner knows fuck all about scales? They're gonna hear "its scale! I can weigh things!" and throw whatever they can find on it.
>>
Also, we all know that the scale app would almost exclusively be used to weigh drugs. You know its true lol
>>
>>51774494

Are you ESL or something? It's like you're not even processing what I'm writing.

>>51774508
>They're gonna hear "its scale! I can weigh things!" and throw whatever they can find on it.

No they aren't. If it's explicitly stated what the maximum weight is, then some dipshits are going to break it. These are the same category of dipshits who will break their phones through a variety of reasons, regardless of what is stated about it.

Here's the real reason they don't want it: BECAUSE THE NEWS WOULD REPORT THAT THE IPHONE IS A DRUG SCALE.

They don't want the negative PR.

It has nothing to do with putting a heavy weight on the phone and breaking it. People already break their phones all the fucking time (I don't even know how, I don't have so much as a scratch of my Nexus 4), and it's their own responsibility.
>>
>>51774620

Yup, thats what I said here after thinking about it a bit. >>51774585

It would be the perfect drug scale though.
>>
>>51774711
>It would be the perfect drug scale though.
Not really, it only measures to single gram resolution, drugs need at least 0.1g resolution, 0.01 preferred.
>>
>>51774756
>it only measures to single gram resolution

Uh. What's the actual input from the screen sensor?

Even basing it on the video, it's 1,000 levels of input, mapped to a range of 0 - 38.5 grams, right? That's less than 1 gram resolution.
>>
h>>51774241
>You're on some drugs
i wonder what people are going to use a scale for.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.