[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just impulsively bought a sony Xperia Z5. How fucked am i gee?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2
File: Sony-Xperia-Z5-family_1.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Xperia-Z5-family_1.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
I just impulsively bought a sony Xperia Z5. How fucked am i gee?
>>
Excellent shill thread, Pajeet!
>>
not as much as you wanted to be desu.
>>
>>51760509
im not shilling x3
>>
>>51760477
Enjoy the back pane cracking

Mine did ;_;
>>
>>51760512
I kinda like the phone but I can still return it, should I?
>>
>>51760547
But is it worth? I'm upgrading from a nexus 5 btw.
>>
>>51760477
All top end phones are the same, just install CyM and deal with it
>>
>>51760547
On a Z5? I would've thought they fixed that shit after the Z3
>>
>>51760509
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>51760590
Don't believe shit people say. I've had my Z3 for a while now and no cracking.
>>
>impulsively bought
consumerism at its peak
>>
>>51760632
Well hello pajeet :)
>>
>>51760477
>impulsively bought an expensive device
>asks after he bought it if it's good or not
>>51760632
Why so mad? Because he's right?
>>
>>51760669
ok....
>>
>>51760477
I have the greed z5, its great!

I hope you didnt buy the Z5P tho its shit.
>>
>>51760971
yeah Z5P is too big and not worth the price
>>
>>51760590
They haven't, it's still basically glass bent in a weird way under pressure.

>>51760647
Just Google it. The amount of forum posts and product reviews speak for themselves.

Mine cracked after 7 months.
>>
>>51761029
glass breaks get over it. I use a tempered glass on the front and back.
>>
>>51760477

I nearly did to OP but after hearing the Z6 range is out in a few months i thought what is the fucking point.
>>
>>51761046
>glass breaks get over it
It's a fucking 300 EUR mobile phone, it's supposed to last 2 years at least according to the warrant laws in my country.
>>
>>51761046
Nice shilling fgt
>>
>>51761096
yes but if you dont handle it with care the glass will break. show me a phone with glass that doesnt break.
>>
I have a Z5P. It's pretty neat. However, I'm disappointed that it's so small compared to the Galaxy Note series. My mistake there, I guess. I'll probably be happier with the 6" Z6 coming out next time.
>>
give it back tyrone
>>
>>51761136
>yes but if you dont handle it with care the glass will break.
I did handle it with care, you fucking idiot. It's not like I dropped the phone and complain about it cracking. I'm complaining because the fucking design IS FLAWED, making phones crack BY THEMSELVES. The phone was lying on my night stand when I suddenly heard a cracking sound, and then my night stand was full of tiny glass splinters, the camera is useless (because of tiny glass dust covering up the lense) and the phone is no longer waterproof (as it is supposed to be).

>inb4 glass don't break by itself hurr durr
It does when it's under pressure and bent oddly, like it is for the Xperia Z-series.

Seriously, just Google the gazillion product reviews saying exactly that.
>>
I was going to get the Z5P, what are my other options?

I don't want an iPhone or Galaxy.
>>
>>51761136
>>51761096
>>51761217
I still dont get why phone screens have to be made out of glass
I have an old philips mp3 player and even though it's been abused a lot, there are absolutely no scratches at all on the display, I think it is made out of Plexiglas or some other durable plastic
>>
Z2 masterrace
>>
>>51761311
How would you make a touch screen then?
>>
>>51761311
Planned Destructionescence.
>>
>>51761276
>Actually called it a "Galaxy"
LG G4 or Nexus 6P
>>
>>51761157
Thinking about pulling the trigger on the Z5P. How is it? Does it get as hot as the memes suggest?
>>
I don't have a Z5, but let me tell you about my Z1.

>Battery life almost halfed after a software update
>Camera went from god-tier to shit tier due to a coating on the lens rubbing off.
>The glass back began to peel away from the chassis letting huge quantities of dust in further wrecking the camera
>To fix these issues I had to replace the back-plate myself as Sony refused to service it without charging me £100+ for a £5 part
>I have had to replace the charging flap (I know the Z5 doesn't have one) after the rubber wore out
>The silver rings around both the lock button and headphone jack fell off at some point, I replaced them but both are now loose.
>The speaker grill peeled off and I had to buy a new one.
>There are no 'minimal' cases, only rugged / flip ones
>There are no screen protectors that actually fit the device

I've only submerged it in water 2-3 times, I've never dropped the device and I'm extremely careful with my stuff, I replaced my iPhone 4 with the Z1 and that was only because Apple stopped supporting it - it wasn't falling apart. The build quality of the Z1 is utterly laughable, I'll let you be the judge if Sony have improved but they would need to improve a lot for me to buy another of their devices.
>>
>>51761331
Polycarbonate works fine for touch screens.
>>
>>51761331
Capacitive touch screens do not require glass
>>51761333
That's my guess too
>>
>>51761347
No, the Note 4 I had before got much warmer under load, but it was never a real concern for either.
>>
>>51761046

I used tempered glass protectors on my device to; it cracked when I long pressed on the display. Not only that but it just plain didn't fit the display, with a 1-.15mm gap on all four sides.

What use is a screen protector that cracks under the weight of a finger?
>>
I always wondered why no one is buying sony phones even though they seem to deliver on all fronts. Looks like its the shitty build quality.
>>
>>51761331
Have it on the bare LCD.
I've seen iPhones with glass literally peeling off and the touch still works.
>>
>>51761449

They're also almost impossible to buy in the US.
>>
>>51761351
Had the original xperia Z, similar problems with those fucking flaps on the charger and the headphone jack. Still lasted for 2.5 years even though I dropped it countless times and dunked it into coffee etc. For the last half year or so it actually let in so much water that there was often condensed water on the inside of the camera lens.
>>
>>51760477
How about you tell us.
>>
>>51760555
Yes, it will die on you and you will cry after 3 replacements do the exact same
>>
File: ADPLACEMENT.jpg (826 KB, 1148x1786) Image search: [Google]
ADPLACEMENT.jpg
826 KB, 1148x1786
Just buy, it's cute!
>>
>>51760547
>>51761029
>crack
what's up with that? I've had a bare z1 for 2 years now thing is a tank
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.