[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pixel C - Piece of Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 2015-12-08_13-58-32.png (316 KB, 1135x596) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-08_13-58-32.png
316 KB, 1135x596
WTF was Google thinking? I love Android, but this thing is a fucking turd.

* Lags because they rushed it out, despite the super powerful SoC

* Only 3GB of RAM on a tablet

* $499 for 32GB, $599 for 64 GB <--- fucking jews

* No multi-window, where Samsung has been doing this on its Android devices since 2012 and it does it well

*$150 for the jew keyboard <---- WTF

Seriously Google, you goofed. This thing is an immediate flop.
>>
>>51758580
>Gaymen tablet
No thanks.
>>
>>51758598
Not even meant for gaming, they're obviously trying to compete with Surface Pros and make this a "productivity tablet"

There aren't even any Android tablet optimized games, are there?
>>
File: 2015-12-08_14-06-35.png (304 KB, 1140x696) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-08_14-06-35.png
304 KB, 1140x696
>>51758580
However at least they don't jew you as much on storage as Apple does, pic related
>>
> tfw even iOS has native multi window
>>
>>51758973
To be fair that's new, but yeah.

Check out this article on why the Pixel C is really bad:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/12/pixel-c-review-new-hardware-ignores-an-android-tablets-core-problem-software/

It's on par with a year old iPad in performance.
>>
>Only 3GB of RAM on a tablet

What's the problem here?
>>
>>51758658
Apple is cheaper, are you retarded?
>32GB for $100
>48GB for $100
>>
>>51759014
You get a 32GB Pixel C for the same price as a 16GB iPad AIr 2

Same price for the 64GB, however
>>
>>51759005
There are flagship phones that have been out for a few months with 4GB RAM, and they're marketing this as a productivity device.
>>
>>51758991
Android failed at tablets, that's a fact.

People are even comparing the iPad Pro with the Surface Pro, while Android can't even compete.
>>
File: 1435550900429.png (718 KB, 632x469) Image search: [Google]
1435550900429.png
718 KB, 632x469
>>51759813
Google just never really pushed it properly. They could have destroyed the competition early on had ICS been worth a shit.

Samsung has some good features, but the apps just are not there.
>>
>>51758580
I currently have samsung tab s 10.5 and will not upgrade until there is another 16:9 oled offering.
Tab s plays h264/265 without problems so really I see no point upgrading
>>
File: 1449596796625.jpg (89 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1449596796625.jpg
89 KB, 800x600
>>51760567
I'd rather have a Samsung GT S2, that's for sure. They have multiwindow support, SD card slots, are cheaper especially through my Costco membership.
>>
>>51758973

Android should support multi-window on all devices if you use Xposed...
>>
The fact that everyone gushes over the hardware and the design but faults the software as the thing holding it back.

Don't be so short sighted. This tablet is a development vehicle for whatever ChromeOS + Android ends up being. That alone is an interesting proposition.

The samsung faux multi window isn't what you would expect since it only works with specific apps and is a shitty comparison.

The inevitable multi window support in Android is supposed to work with all android apps.

Is it worth $399? I would say so. It's easily the best Android tablet that exists at the moment.

Is it worth the +$100 cost for the premium of being a stock android device with 6 week updates? Yeah probably. All things considered if you like stock Android and the form factor this device is totally worth it.

Keyboard is whatever, at least it looks cool, and magnets are a cute touch.
>>
>>51758580
What do you mean 150 for the keys?

It comes with the keyboard.
>>
>>51762512
It's not $399, learn to read retard

Base tablet $499 and keyboard $149
>>
File: 2015-12-08_18-06-23.png (73 KB, 813x506) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-08_18-06-23.png
73 KB, 813x506
>>51762553
No it does not.
>>
>>51762563

You're the idiot that can't read.

I stated the question is it worth $399 and followed with the +$100 premium for xyz.
>>
>>51762512
Keyboard is gud for shitposting on clover desu
>>
>>51762588
No, you are the idiot because the way you phrased that made it seem like you thought it was $399. It's odd.

It's not the best Android tablet when it lags and doesn't have a SD card slot, and costs more than the Samsung S2.

I do agree that if this is a development platform to kind of say "this is how we expect things to be in the future" and it progresses a lot, then we have hope.

I do think its problems are software, but you're right, it being an official device makes it a lot more likely to get that fixed in just a few weeks.
>>
>>51758630
Crysis and Resident Evil 5 are due to be released on the Nvidia shield, hopefully other years devices too
>>
>>51762643

I stated it that way to frame the philosophical question of whether or not the device is worth the asking price.

People look at it and say: "Oh my god it's $500!"

When you actually put in a different way and break it down to what you're paying for yeah I see it as worth it. You're paying $399 for the hardware and an additional $100 for the premium of it being stock android with frequent updates.

The SD card omission is absolutely a valid criticism and annoying no doubt. Though, this wouldn't impact me personally since my phone has one and is always with me.

I've read several reviews and all of them talk about how good the hardware and industrial design are. There was the one from arstechnica lamenting faulty hardware but this is likely an outlier.

Lots of them complain about it just being stock android and expect more since it has a keyboard accessory are missing the point.

There are a few that review it for what it is and mark it quite high though and that's promising.
>>
>>51762908
I think that Google rushed this product though, it doesn't ship with anything new or promising on the software side to say "hey, let's do this tablet thing"

Instead I feel they are saying "here's a toy for fanboys"
>>
>>51758580
>Lags because they rushed it out, despite the super powerful SoC
ROMs will fix it
>$499 for 32GB, $599 for 64 GB <--- fucking jews
This would be fine if it had a stylus IMO. I'm getting kinda tired of my Note 10.1 and want something with stock android.
>*$150 for the jew keyboard <---- WTF
Just get a bluetooth keyboard.
>* No multi-window, where Samsung has been doing this on its Android devices since 2012 and it does it well
Note sure if its a CM feature or a Lollipop feature, but multiwindow is in the developer settings.
>>
>>51758580
>No multitasking
>Apps like Foursquare keep forcing veritcal aspect ratio, even in horizontal mode

Google doesn't even care about tablets, their ecosystem is shit and dead, everything is just a smartphone empty wasted space UI smeared into a big screen
>>
>>51762951

You could argue that it was rushed sure. It would be a bigger consumer success if they had waited for at the minimum multi-window support out of the box. I don't think they care about consumer sales though.

The thing is it's a Pixel device which to this point has always served a dual purpose in being premium devices for use of Googlers themselves as well as a "halo" device for what hardware designers should aspire to be and beat. In that sense it's for the fanboys since it's made available for purchase by anyone which I think is pretty cool.

As an aside, for what it's worth I think the Pixel 2 chromebook is one of the best laptops I've ever got to play with. If I had a need for a laptop I would totally go with one of those, even over any macbook. Since it's the same team that designed this thing that's pretty promising to me.

On the other hand I think a lot of the tech media put this sort of misguided image in their heads that this device is supposed to be more than what they claimed it was. An android tablet with a keyboard attachment for light productivity. Yet immediately people jump to the conclusion that it should be more productive than a surface tablet or some shit which is ridiculous.

The crazy bit is that I actually think stock android is better than iOS and Windows 10 in many ways. We'll see how Google does with the impending productivity amalgamation that Android becomes in the next year.

I actually really like this thing at face value and don't have any illusions of its capabilities. I'm still debating picking one up since I'm not sure I actually have a use for a tablet outside of shit posting on here from my couch but I don't think I would fault anyone for getting it despite the perceived shortcomings.
>>
>>51763173
>If I had a need for a laptop I would totally go with one of those, even over any macbook

That's going too far, Chrome OS doesn't utilize and never would utilize that hardware well.
>>
>>51763208

I was referring to the hardware. I wouldn't stick to ChromeOS, no doubt I would throw a *nix on there.
>>
>>51763249
Yeah the hardware was pretty impressive
>>
So many people looking at this thing through the prism of a mass produced consumer driven product when it very clearly isn't.

Google doesn't care how many of these they sell just like the Pixel Chromebook's.
>>
Holy shit there are a lot of trips in here.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.